Prince William to extend his service?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MikeMcc, Feb 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 2
  1. He's just after the CEA.

2. Tough training? I thought he was in the RAF.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I hope he gets out in the thick if it, i torment the **** out of our kids NI and Telic gongs, if I was Harry I'd make an Apache out of a big cardboard box, put my feet through it and 'fly' it round Williams gaff making machine gun noises taunting the jug eared **** :)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Basic was at Sandhurst, not Cranwell.

5. Well done, 10 points for the most pedantic post of the day.

• Like Like x 2
  6. I reckon it makes so much good sense. There are already plenty of royals doing royal duties and after all his training it would make better value for him to remain working as a pilot. Besides, once he leaves the role he's hardly likely to ever return to it. So he should make the most of the opportunity while he has it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. And 10 out of 10 for the most bone, boring and pointless post of the day. Fact is, he has decided to continue his service when it's generally expected that he would withdraw to carry out royal duties.

If he carries on in the SAR role then, not only will he continue to contribute to the public purse, he will help out a great many hill-walkers, climbers, etc, by conducting some of the most demanding flying possible. He (and his brother) have earned their positions by merit. If anyone has evidence otherwise, speak-up now.

• Like Like x 4
  8. It's the ridiculous "turbo charged" rate of promotion that makes me laugh! :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Sorry, care to explain? Harry is a captain in the AAC, William is a Flt Lt in the RAF, neither have been promoted 'ahead of the curve'. What is this 'turbo charged' rate of promotion?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lost me nether royals seem to be getting promoted faster than any other officers.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Is that why his aunts and uncles, even his dad are all colonel in chiefs .... Of all three services! :)

12. Are you on drugs???

• Like Like x 4
  13. No, why do you ask? Is anything i have said NOT true?

14. You do not have a clue do you.

They do not hold a serving Rank in the military were Harry and William do. Both about the rank they should be for time served.

• Like Like x 2