Prince William qualifies as Search and Rescue Operational Captain

Good man!

Congratulation, Sir. Well done.
That said. I've lost my midget. P'raps you could put in a word?

Well done to Prince William of Wales! And he added a real rescue run to the day.

Must be a bit odd when someone realizes that a prince is the helo driver.

Well if I was in deep doo doo in a small boat at sea and I needed helicopter rescue I wouldn't care who was driving it.

Excellent he can now sign off and get a job with the newly privatised Air Sea Rescue service.

Let's hope he's got a better grasp of 'captaincy' than his Old Man and doesn't over-rule the more experienced bloke beside him. Hints such as "Please don't try landing this aircraft downwind on a short runway with peat-bog for an over-run, your Highness." are meant to preclude embarrassing headlines.

http://www.mod.uk/NR/rdonlyres/65F3...A13/0/maas94_01_bae_146_cc2_ze700_29jun94.pdf
F-me! So HRH gets away with not even a mention while all the blame is piled on the captain and the nav?

F-me! So HRH gets away with not even a mention while all the blame is piled on the captain and the nav?
The Captain remains responsible no matter who is driving. This applies at sea also - which is why captains of ships under the nominal control of port authority pilots twitch like sh'=house rats throughout. Having said that he complied with the maxim that goes: Any landing you walk away from is a good one.

The Captain remains responsible no matter who is driving. This applies at sea also - which is why captains of ships under the nominal control of port authority pilots twitch like sh'=house rats throughout. Having said that he complied with the maxim that goes: Any landing you walk away from is a good one.
True that. Still, seemed a bit unfair..

C

cloudbuster

Turning to HRH in the ensuing pile of teddybear fluff and tyre-smoke and saying "You ****!" isn't much of a career-enhancer either.

Well done to Prince William of Wales! And he added a real rescue run to the day.

Must be a bit odd when someone realizes that a prince is the helo driver.
Prince William, Duke of Cambridge or Flt Lt William Wales. He isn't Prince of Wales yet.

TBH I don't think many Brits get that carried away, if Wills rescued them it would just be another rescue.

The Taliban on the other hand love to be brassed up by Harry.

It's one in the eye for the Guardianistas who criticise from an armchair with a state funded electricity connection to the internet and McDonalds. The heir to the throne is actually doing something that few can do. Likewise Harry Wales, although William has better PR.

OZ

Cheers for that! I'm just gonna hafta replace the double A's in me Gaydar, now FFS!
You can replace whatever you like with whatever you want - but please, don't cause yourself physical harm on my account.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Royal Air Force 27
MoD_RSS Royal Navy 0
fltpilot RLC 30