Prince Philip makes Basra visit

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Malteser, Oct 22, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Source: BBC News

2. Any gaffs?

Good on him.

:)

3. Well done the old bubble.

Hats off.

4. Looks like he 'kept his head'! :wink:

5. He's a legend. Surely he must have said something totally un pc. That's why he's so liked, says what he means not what he's meant to say. Quality...

6. I bet they had him heavily sedated for most of it though! Just in case! :king:

7. Watch the video of him making his address, I'm sure there's a slight pause when he says 'locals' ,perhaps he's toying with the idea of inserting a more colourful term to describe the good people of Basra!

8. Purple_Flash

Purple_Flash War Hero Moderator

Hats off to Prince Philip. At least the guys in Basra have been visited by someone who has been to war unlike Tone with his chinos and open necked shirt.

Not many people of his age would relish such a journey, so we should be doubly thankful.

Hip, hip...

9. A Class (and normally very un-PC)Act!

10. Ditto, the man has been there and done it in aces!

11. First thing I saw when I put the TV on this morning.
    Well done Phil the Greek, shows our political masters, just who your normal men like to see.
    john
    Eighty what and still showing care and affection for the men out doing their DUTY.

12. Good on him, though I wouldn't be at all surprised if he asked to borrow a Snatch and a driver to go out hunting some fuzzy-wuzzies. :D

13. Not too sure about the desert cams tho, and what a crap hat!

14. Cum on Taz
    can't be many requests from the quartermasters store for kit ta fit an 80+ year old.
    john

15. Rayc

Rayc RIP

Just the right tonic.

Most commendable and a great example for all!