Prince Philip death announced

What was a superb thread and a refelection of the highest national character is now heading sub NAAFI @Bad CO @Good CO

1619015325254.png

PETA or Extinction Rebellion have a tremendous sense of timing, don't they.

Have the mind bleach handy.

I watched the comment-free stream of the funeral on the Globe and Mail's account on youtube today. It was a top-notch ceremony all around, but the piper (looking at the tartan on his uniform, I'm assuming he's 4 SCOTS) sounded spectacular, as I found the acoustics perfect for his instrument, and he played the lament with a lot of expression.

Obese individual preaching animal welfare and enviromentalism

Stop killing animals, looking at that mess if we didnt eat them the poor things would starve to death in her company

I'm beginning to think you are the equivalent of the landlord yelling "time gentlemen please..." PTG has been buried, the Mods want to close the thread so they don't have to keep an eye on it so you are sent in to make everyone else leave....
And BEFORE the MODS close the thread . . . Please DELETE all the effluent posted by today's new, disrespectful, idiot :( !!

Last edited:

Splitz

Old-Salt
One of the jobs was to hover above vessels for hours on end. If engaged by expect, the hovering cab could not be distinguished by the guidance system as a separate entity, which made the apparent target a whole lot taller. The missile was programmed to go for the centre of the object it saw, and would (hopefully) fly through the gap between the ship and the aircraft.

Ballsy by any standards.
Wow! No wonder he doesn't sweat!

I'm not banned from holidays; I can still travel around in England and stay in self-catering accommodation. Is your holiday ban arising from a Court Order?

And, pray tell, what are your opinions on Covid-19 and the vaccination programme?
In Georgian London you would have been one of those cruel sods who paid a shilling to go and bait the inmates at Bedlam. Wouldn’t you, you beast!!

Carry on......!

Troy

LE
Why the Left hand salute -- damaged Right paw?
? **Shrugs as I type this**
I don't actually know the bloke. Only that I recall seeing him in videos of other events in London. I think he's been in the background on the News too.

PFGEN

GCM
At The Duke's funeral the bands played four tunes while assembled on the lawn. Numbers 2 and 4 were easy to identify as Vow to thee my country and Elgar's Nimrod. Can anybody identify the other two?

At The Duke's funeral the bands played four tunes while assembled on the lawn. Numbers 2 and 4 were easy to identify as Vow to thee my country and Elgar's Nimrod. Can anybody identify the other two?
There were at least three others that I heard, Jerusalem, The Supreme Sacrifice and Isle of Beauty. The latter two should be familiar from the Remembrance Ceremony at the Cenotaph.

They're all on Youtube.

There were at least three others that I heard, Jerusalem, The Supreme Sacrifice and Isle of Beauty. The latter two should be familiar from the Remembrance Ceremony at the Cenotaph.

They're all on Youtube.

The funeral march was that composed by Johann Walch and for unknown reasons is also known as the Beethoven Funeral March,

Normally it alternates with the rather better known Chopin Funeral March but the distance driven in the Hearse Landy was way too short to use both works.

The funeral march was that composed by Johann Walch and for unknown reasons is also known as the Beethoven Funeral March,

Normally it alternates with the rather better known Chopin Funeral March but the distance driven in the Hearse Landy was way too short to use both works.

I believe that the Walch march has been preferred by HM Forces for some time, it's the one they chose for the Cenotaph ceremony and has been used regularly at repatriation ceremonies more recently.

There was a second funeral march - a gap where we got just beats - then 2nd tune as they were dropping down the hill. Muso brother thought it might have been another Beethoven (named/attributed?) piece - sounded slightly Greek to me.

Aha -found reference to Beethoven's no's 1 & 3 - no 1 features annually at The Cenotaph, haven't traced no. 3.

Latest Threads