Prince Philip death announced

I doubt an Asteroid wouldn't either. Fiats are dense as hell.
So are their drivers round here at least.
Oh the memories. My P5 took one out in Gravel Hill back in the ninties. It was driven by a women , who, it later emerged was having an affair, and needed to be home before hubby. Hubby, poor mug, had bought it for her new. It wound up sans engine on the roundabout. I had the P5 repaired, it’s the one I still have.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
unless they driving a BMW.

Audi drivers have (pardon the pun) overtaken* as generally the worst drivers in the UK

*but only after trying to hump your bumper for 3 miles flashing their lights and getting angry in heavy traffic

Trivia. Greendale, the fictional village where Pat does his postie thing is actually modelled on Shap.All

Dunmail was allegedly the last King of Cumbria and is supposedly buried at Dunmail Raise, just north of Grasmere (in the central reservation)
Postie Pat was written next door to the Rifleman Inn on All Hallows Lane, Kendal.

Last time I was up on Dunmail rise, the grave was marked by, a heap of Council Gravel.

CFB

They do have an imported pr#ck who has a house in Askham ( Range Rover and big rear engined Audi) whom Laal Lordy calls “ the King of Askham”.
He got a bit miffed when Hugh demanded he handed over a master key to the locked estate gates he had mysteriously acquired.!
I on the other hand no longer even aspire to be king of my own bath room,!.
( My two eldest daughters appear to have launched a coup to annex that last redoubt.!.)

Truxx

LE
Postie Pat was written next door to the Rifleman Inn on All Hallows Lane, Kendal.

Last time I was up on Dunmail rise, the grave was marked by, a heap of Council Gravel.

CFB
More trivia.

Once upon a time I could name all 37 pubs that (at that time) lay within Kendal parish boundary.

My own watering hole was The Fleece.

Truxx

LE
The sort of creature who happily would address his subordinates as "guys", one imagines.
When I was obliged to spend a bit of time at Notholt in the early 2000s and I was delighted to see that the Station Commander (not sure if he was a Wg Cdr or a Gp Capt) had a pennant on his staff car.

When I was obliged to spend a bit of time at Notholt in the early 2000s and I was delighted to see that the Station Commander (not sure if he was a Wg Cdr or a Gp Capt) had a pennant on his staff car.
Glad to hear they are not all stay pressed trousered Herbert’s with weird knicknames And no panache.!

syrup

LE

Don't all CO's have a Pennant on their car?

I was at Northolt in 96 The C.O. used to sit on my DNA when he was being driven courtesy of a leaky WRAF.

Back on thread
Prince Phillip used to have a Black Taxi for cutting about town
You could see him driving from the airside of camp in it when he came and went

Just a normal everyday cabbie with a fleet of armed coppers surrounding him

I was at Northolt in 96 The C.O. used to sit on my DNA when he was being driven courtesy of a leaky WRAF.

Back on thread

It was green so was easy to identify amongst all the black ones.

Saw the back of his bonce as he was driving it and making good progress through the traffic in Haymarket about 25 years ago.

Elder females driving their husbands top end motors, who do not acknowledge you letting them out, not a nod, a raised hand, a smile, naff all, may their curry's explode,, and their saris get caught in a mangle. :p

My bold ... shades of Spike Milligan/goon type of quotes

Truxx

LE

Back on thread

I have commanded at every rank from captain to full colonel.

I have never seen, wanted nor needed a pennant.