Prince Philip death announced

I have a memory that SS Uganda was a MoD sponsored vessel that had a wartime roll as hospital ship. There were many steam turbine powered ships in the taskforce, eg HMS Hermes, County class destroyers, Leander and Rothesay class frigates, the LPDs. HMY was steam turbines until retirement.

Uganda was used for school cruises around the Med prior to Falklands, so lower deck accommodation was dozens of dormitories. I think I was in Speke. IIRC one of the yellow dorms with Younghusband and a couple of others

Yokel

LE
I have a memory that SS Uganda was a MoD sponsored vessel that had a wartime roll as hospital ship. There were many steam turbine powered ships in the taskforce, eg HMS Hermes, County class destroyers, Leander and Rothesay class frigates, the LPDs. HMY was steam turbines until retirement.

Most steam powered ships were converted to use diesel to fire their boilers.

@bob231 and @Not a Boffin might know more.

endure

GCM
hrh1.jpg
hrh2.jpg

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Big Jim

Clanker
Which again is simply designed so Edward didn't feel a fool in some of the military garb he has to roll about in

No wonder he looks pissed off looks like he got caught in a uniform explosion at Mr Benn's dress up shop

even the colour is sickening.
Queens Own First of foot....bllllllaaaaahhhhhh

I was wondering the other day when drinking in the Sqn bar, how long does Phils photo stay up in its prominent position in military establishments now? Is there a period of grace or is there a rule on changing it when his successor is appointed or the Queen steps down?

I was wondering the other day when drinking in the Sqn bar, how long does Phils photo stay up in its prominent position in military establishments now? Is there a period of grace or is there a rule on changing it when his successor is appointed or the Queen steps down?

Well, I've not seen her new profile up on Adult Friend Finder amended to 'Recently Single' . . .