Prince Philip at 90

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by johnboyzzz, May 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good viewing: a sympathetic portrait of a hard-working and dedicated man. He's a wily old fish and never answers a question properly though.
  2. An interviewers nightmare. hehe
  3. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

Have to say Alan Titchmarsh should stick to plants and not serious interviews....
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Agreed. His interviewing was so awful I almost couldn't watch
  5. Met him once he is a nice bloke calls it like he sees it. Surprised old Philip did not give Titchmarsh both barrels from a 12 bore.
  6. Yep the Prince was way ahead! Shame as, interesting as it was, the program could have been much better with a decent interviewer.
  7. +1. The D of E ran rings 'round Twitmarsh. An enjoyable programme nontheless.
  8. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I really rather like Phil the Greek. Ok, mostly because the 'right on' crowd don't, people like Jo Brand and her ilk, but also because he is a man who has always put duty first and is dedicated to HMQ. An irascible old bugger, but very admirable.
  9. He is certainly not a man to suffer fools gladly, Titchmarsh was totally out of his depth.
  10. I only caught the second half of the program, but Phillip came across really well, which is good as I've always liked the guy.

I liked his comment, when Titchmarsh said Phillip & Charles are very similar, "Not really. Charles is a romantic. I'm a pragmatist. And sometimes a romantic thinks a pragmatist has no feelings." Thought it summed both of them up very well.
  11. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

I loved the short clip of Prince Phillip meeting the mad clothes designer woman - the conversation went:

MCDW - I met your son, you look very similar.
    Phil - Yes it's called genetics.

Classic one liners.

12. He's great and he put the professional Yorkshireman in his place. Eee there's nowt as queer as folk, bloody pain.

"How did you feel about blah blah?" "How long is a piece of string?"

I thought Anne gave him a good talking too as well. Loved him trying to deny something he said two minutes before when she pulled him up. Cold Showers at public school etc.

I hope DoE gets another 10 years in and gets a card from HMQ. Sound Bloke.
    • Like Like x 2
  13. glad someone posted this, I had seen it advertised and was going to watch it but got distracted by the excitement of waiting for the last episode of "The Scheme" to hit iplayer.

should send big phil upto Kilmarnock, he'd soon sort them out!
  14. About time we heard some of his story. I thought what The Princess Royal said was very informative and showed her father in a very different light to what the press have tried to talk up. It will be interesting to read the letters to Diana when they are released. To me he doesn't look well though but hope he lasts a while longer as I think HMQ will be lost without him.