Prince of Wales to Marry Camilla Parker-Bowles

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Cutaway, Feb 10, 2005.

?
  1. Yes, it's a great idea

27.2%
  2. No, he should remain single

2.6%
  3. Doesn't matter one way or the other

21.9%
  4. Rather him than me

48.2%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

The BBC have just announced that HRH Prince Charles is to marry Camilla Parker-Bowles.

It's their decision and he probably hasn't asked the Arrse readership, but what do you think ?

2. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

It would appear I have my head up my arrse.
    Perhaps I should learn how to use a bloody keyboard !
    Please ignore the other polls.

:oops:

3. Just another hanger-on for us taxpayers to support, though no doubt we've already been supporting her lifestyle for some years. Personally, I wish they would simply disappear, never to be heard of again.

4. 8O 8O 8O 8O

5. Good luck to the pair of them.

All Charles needs now is to get Harry into the Factory and have his life sorted out for him and he's a happy man.

6. If you checked what the Public Account Committee established recently He takes no money from the civil list and pay tax at 40% on income from his land and investments. Plenty of non-royals earn more and pay less tax.

If he wants to marry her that is fine by me it is his life.

7. Great idea, he should be able to get on with his life and marry again.

Will we get a day off??

8. Guessing the general elections in April then

9. I cannot believe people are backing this ludicrous endeavour. Must i remind you that Charles is to be the next King of England and if he is King then She will be queen, do you want to be governed by that fish faced old tramp? I know i dont. Has everyone forgotton Diana you cant replace her with any one especially parker-bowels, and what about William and Harry is she gunna take over as their Mum?
    No, if Charles Weds Camilla i think he should abdicate and give the throne to William!

onslaught over :twisted: 8O

10. All in favour of the chap having the freedom to choose who he marries and if its to someone he loves then lucky him.

However, the real crux of the issue is will the PWRR now have to change their Col in Chief?

11. Isn't this just another Royal 'Aunt Sally' story put up by C*ntbell. Anything to do with P-B is guaranteed to get a bite from all sections of the monarchist/republican venn diagram; just about the only thing remarkable about this story is it's timing. What else is being covered up?

12. Nazi tendencies aside, was the ostensible reason for the abdication of Edward not that Wallace Simpson was Mrs Simpson, and that as she was a divorcee marrying her would have made him ineligible for the throne?

If it was constitutional then, what has changed?

Mind you, the PM is a left footer, and I'm not sure that's allowed either...

13. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Jailor, I think you missed something here,

'Eve1962' - 'checking facts' - 'posting drivel'

Spot the odd one out ?

14. Hmmm....sounds like a good day to bury bad news...

Several people have already passed their opinions to the BBC - here are some of the more coherent:

15. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4252795.stm