prince of Wales gongs

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by semper, Jul 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The first one is the Queen's Service Order f(a New Zealand award), which Prince Cahrles was invested as an Extra Companion in 1983 (entitling him to have the letters QSO after his name).

2,3 and 4 are Coronation, Silver and Golden Jubilee Medals;

5 is the Canadian Forces Decoration with bar;

I don't recognise the last one.

They are worn after the Golden JUbilee medal because they are foreign awards and come after coronation medals in the order of precedence.

2. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

He must be a very brave heir to have all those medals.

3. You don't get gongs just for bravery, old son.

4. None of mine are for bravery, although I think I certainly laid my liver on the line on a number of occasions, above and beyond the call of duty!

5. Are you insinuating that
    His Royal Highness The Prince Charles Philip Arthur George, Prince of Wales and Earl of Chester, Duke of Cornwall, Duke of Rothesay, Earl of Carrick, Baron of Renfrew, Lord of the Isles, Prince and Great Steward of Scotland, Knight Companion of the Most Noble Order of the Garter, Knight of the Most Ancient and Most Noble Order of the Thistle, Great Master and First and Principal Knight Grand Cross of the Most Honourable Order of the Bath, Member of the Order of Merit, Knight of the Order of Australia, Companion of the Queen's Service Order, Member of Her Majesty's Most Honourable Privy Council, Aide-de-Camp to Her Majesty Mountbatten-Windsor

is some sort of a Walt?

6. For general info the last gong in the line is the Special Constabulary long service medal.

7. Embarrassment is the word that springs to mind.

8. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

How can he keep a straight face when his mum decides to award him another medal?

"It is a great honour, mum, to receive initiation into The Noble & Royal Order of Foul Felchers."

Those who get an award for doing something have to sit alongside a bloke who got a similar award for being his mum's son.

9. He should be given a VC for bravely mounting his other half!

10. cheers , thanks for clearing that one up , so no actual bravery or Long service awards then, just chocolate gongs and a funny one from New Zealand too ! not even a LSGC or CFM !

did the Prince of Wales ever do P company ?

11. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

Whether or not you feel he has earned his chest cabbage, remember that he is incredibly pro forces, especially Army. He actually cares about soldiers, and visits units more than any other Royal. I had a chap in my Coy who was badly burned in a car crash - a bottle of 'Royal Appointment' whiskey arrived shortlyafterwards and, on the next unit visit, HRH chatted extensively with him and the other troops rather than hob-nobbing with the officers. Royals wear pretty gongs, thems the rules; just be glad that the heir to the throne (a fairly high level advocate) is firmly on our side.

12. well said :D

13. i agree.