Prince of Wales costs us £3m!

#1
Whilst I have no particular love for the man, indeed I hope his Sovereign Mother outlives him, I think this piece of reporting is a weak attempt by the Brown Broadcasting Corporation to divert the flack from the crooks in the House of Commons and the Liarbour benches of the House of Lords.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8114523.stm

Apparently the Sun jumped on the bandwagon too (probably at New Liarbour's behest) - these fcukwits seem to know the cost of everything but not the value!

£3million is chicken feed compared with what the Government's long list of expensive fcuk ups have cost us:

1. Selling the gold reserves
2. NHS computer system
3. Iraq
4. Afganistan
5. ID cards
6. Europe
7. Stonehenge By-pass project
8. Rescuing the Banks

... feel free to add your own, it's making me too angry/depressed.
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#3
Queensman, you forgot the Millennium Dome! (although that, like BSE, was originated by Heseltine).
 
#4
An interesting question would be to find out how much the newly created empire for Lord Mandelson will cost to rebrand at taxpayers expense - probably a lot more than £3m, for an entity created to keep Browns master happy.
 
#5
seaweed said:
Queensman, you forgot the Millennium Dome! (although that, like BSE, was originated by Heseltine).
"Tarzan" Heseltine caused BSE?
 
#6
The spin on this story is extreme, more than normal.

The increase in the PoW costs are mainly down to 2 rather huge trips he took to the far east, 'because the UK Gov. asked him to'...therefore they cover the costs.

He personally took his holidays in the Uk last year, cutting the costs to his personal purse.

So the storyline should read....."UK Gov. asks Pow to go on extra trips to boost UK income, oh by the way we paid for it"

S_R
 
#7
Queensman said:
Whilst I have no particular love for the man, indeed I hope his Sovereign Mother outlives him, I think this piece of reporting is a weak attempt by the Brown Broadcasting Corporation to divert the flack from the crooks in the House of Commons and the Liarbour benches of the House of Lords.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8114523.stm

Apparently the Sun jumped on the bandwagon too (probably at New Liarbour's behest) - these fcukwits seem to know the cost of everything but not the value!

£3million is chicken feed compared with what the Government's long list of expensive fcuk ups have cost us:

1. Selling the gold reserves
2. NHS computer system
3. Iraq
4. Afganistan
5. ID cards
6. Europe
7. Stonehenge By-pass project
8. Rescuing the Banks

... feel free to add your own, it's making me too angry/depressed.
My breakfast. Whenever I watch the news with it, I get put off by that Strange sucking in of his lower lip that occurs when Brown is between sentences. You all know what I mean.
 

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
#9
Parliament has reduced the costs of MPs by a minimum of £600,000 this session. Only because they paid back some of what they stole from us.
 

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
#10
BSE was caused by Heseltine's simplistic ego-trip clearout of controls which included removing crucial controls on animal feed. Eventual cost was billions.
 
#11
#12
And how much would electing and maintaining a President cost? I suspect alot more and all for the benefit of feeling happy and smug and republican that another oily politician could make more new rules to keep us in our places. I for one am much happier to pay my share of the bill to have a non-party political head of state so long as he/she acts with dignity and respect for the office. And that doesnt mean he/she doesnt have the right, same as any of us, to speak up if there is an issue they feel strongly about. I think we have more democratic representation due to our system of not have an elected head of state and its certainly better value for money than we would get from an EU president.
 
#13
nebapneb said:
and worth every penny of it too!
now on to more important topics
camilla, would you?
Not even with yours! :pukel:

£3 Million is small change; IIRC, Broon himself admitted ZANU-Labour had p1ssed appox. £27 BILLION up the wall since they came to power(so the real figure is probably higher 8O ).
 
#14
And another one for the list: I ask you, £5million. For Robert Mugabe, who it has to be admitted runs a slightly more honest government than Brown does. Who/where does Brown really think that this loot will end up?
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8112339.stm
 
#15
seaweed said:
BSE was caused by Heseltine's simplistic ego-trip clearout of controls which included removing crucial controls on animal feed. Eventual cost was billions.
Off topic, but the myth that BSE was an entirely 'British' problem is one of the greatest EU coups of all time. Prion diseases were pooly understood even after CJD began to surface :roll:

Of more relevance is the £350 million that this Government cost the country and its farmers when it couldn't even administer payment of subsidies in the wake of Foot and Mouth and were fined by the EU for more than their value. Not to mention the farmers who lost their farms and ate the end of a shotgun when loans on the promise of the payment foreclosed. The words 'piss up' and 'brewery' spring to mind.
 
#16
Add to that money given as 'aid' to China (nuclear power with a space programme), Pakistan (ditto), India (where all our jobs are headed), and Accenture, Price Waterhouse, EDS, McKinsey, etc. the old POW looks like good value for money to me.
 
#18
Who is this person? Is this person female?

We must, collectively, be quite mad, stark staring raving lunatics, to allow these 'luvvie' organisations, beholden to the 'spiv' Bliar, to squander so much of our tax.

How I hope and pray that Cameron and his team will scythe through the BBC with no mercy, no mercy at all.

I think the Prince of Wales is worth every new penny 'spent' on him by our frightful government on our behalf. The alternative: President Bliar and the unlovely 'Cherry' representing us abroad. It is bad enough being represented by a pimply school-boy without having the added insult of a 'president', his or her grasping spouse and the inevitable expensive, self-seeking, thieving and wholly corrupt, diversity enabled, entourage.
 
#19
The BBC news report I heard slipped in the snippet that:

"the extra £3m was mostly due to two tours that PoW undertook at HMG's request".

If so, then the whole story is a very nasty mis-reported smear - par for the course with the mejia's treatment of PoW....
 
#20
I think it's an attempt to bury the bad news that corruption and sleaze continue as normal in Westminster.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top