Prince of Wales costs us £3m!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Queensman, Jun 24, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Whilst I have no particular love for the man, indeed I hope his Sovereign Mother outlives him, I think this piece of reporting is a weak attempt by the Brown Broadcasting Corporation to divert the flack from the crooks in the House of Commons and the Liarbour benches of the House of Lords.

Apparently the Sun jumped on the bandwagon too (probably at New Liarbour's behest) - these fcukwits seem to know the cost of everything but not the value!

£3million is chicken feed compared with what the Government's long list of expensive fcuk ups have cost us:

1. Selling the gold reserves
    2. NHS computer system
    3. Iraq
    4. Afganistan
    5. ID cards
    6. Europe
    7. Stonehenge By-pass project
    8. Rescuing the Banks

... feel free to add your own, it's making me too angry/depressed.
  2. msr

msr LE

3. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

Queensman, you forgot the Millennium Dome! (although that, like BSE, was originated by Heseltine).
  4. An interesting question would be to find out how much the newly created empire for Lord Mandelson will cost to rebrand at taxpayers expense - probably a lot more than £3m, for an entity created to keep Browns master happy.
  5. "Tarzan" Heseltine caused BSE?
  6. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

The spin on this story is extreme, more than normal.

The increase in the PoW costs are mainly down to 2 rather huge trips he took to the far east, 'because the UK Gov. asked him to'...therefore they cover the costs.

He personally took his holidays in the Uk last year, cutting the costs to his personal purse.

So the storyline should read....."UK Gov. asks Pow to go on extra trips to boost UK income, oh by the way we paid for it"

7. My breakfast. Whenever I watch the news with it, I get put off by that Strange sucking in of his lower lip that occurs when Brown is between sentences. You all know what I mean.
  8. and worth every penny of it too!
    now on to more important topics
    camilla, would you?
  9. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Parliament has reduced the costs of MPs by a minimum of £600,000 this session. Only because they paid back some of what they stole from us.
  10. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

BSE was caused by Heseltine's simplistic ego-trip clearout of controls which included removing crucial controls on animal feed. Eventual cost was billions.
  11. And how much would electing and maintaining a President cost? I suspect alot more and all for the benefit of feeling happy and smug and republican that another oily politician could make more new rules to keep us in our places. I for one am much happier to pay my share of the bill to have a non-party political head of state so long as he/she acts with dignity and respect for the office. And that doesnt mean he/she doesnt have the right, same as any of us, to speak up if there is an issue they feel strongly about. I think we have more democratic representation due to our system of not have an elected head of state and its certainly better value for money than we would get from an EU president.
  12. Not even with yours! :pukel:

£3 Million is small change; IIRC, Broon himself admitted ZANU-Labour had p1ssed appox. £27 BILLION up the wall since they came to power(so the real figure is probably higher 8O ).
  13. And another one for the list: I ask you, £5million. For Robert Mugabe, who it has to be admitted runs a slightly more honest government than Brown does. Who/where does Brown really think that this loot will end up?
  14. Off topic, but the myth that BSE was an entirely 'British' problem is one of the greatest EU coups of all time. Prion diseases were pooly understood even after CJD began to surface :roll:

Of more relevance is the £350 million that this Government cost the country and its farmers when it couldn't even administer payment of subsidies in the wake of Foot and Mouth and were fined by the EU for more than their value. Not to mention the farmers who lost their farms and ate the end of a shotgun when loans on the promise of the payment foreclosed. The words 'piss up' and 'brewery' spring to mind.