Prince marks veterans week start

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jul 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

...because any news about the appalling way veterans and Service personnel are treated by the government will be overshadowed by G8.
  3. Or because the overpaid fat bastards don't want to lose any of their three months off in the summer to do anything in August?
  4. How is that veterans rely on CHARITIES to see them through difficult times? I believe that this country does not take better care of its veterans,simply because once you are out and away from the military you are on your own and left to your own devices.I would consider Britains Veterans as the poor relations in comparison to the USA,Canada,Australia,and New Zealand.How would Britain improve its assistance to veterans/
  5. Aye TJ. When I arrived in the USA in the mid 1980s I was impressed by the esteem in which veterans were held by government and public. Free university education, health care, cheaper mortgages, access to the PX and tax free goods among other things. Most states give pensionable credits to combat veterans working in hazardous duty jobs, police, corrections (prison service), etc.

How I wish British veterans were given the same recognition.
  6. I have decided to get a Veteran bogging next Sunday. Are you clear for a beer yet Dad? :D