Prince Harry is appointed Captain General Royal Marines

Huh. I'd thought it would be Edward. Didn't he spend some time as a Booty?

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Huh. I'd thought it would be Edward. Didn't he spend some time as a Booty?
Something along the lines of
'You can turn a frog into a prince
But you can't turn a prince into a Royal Marine'.

I think I spent more time at Lympstone in my career than he did.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
This family is getting more and more like Idi Amin , giving out ranks and awards to family members
It's honorary. And part of tradition of living in a consitutional monarchy. He is not filling Swiss Bank accounts with foreign aid money like democratically elected Presidents in former colonies.

Last edited:
Prince Edward wasn't the first to fail/bail RM Officer training and he won't be the last.

His mistake was to overreach himself by opting for the RM. Perhaps he should have joined the RFA as a Deck Cadet. He'd be a Commodore by now.....

---------
Edited to add 'bail'.

Last edited:
Prince Edward wasn't the first to fail RM Officer training and he won't be the last.

His mistake was to overreach himself by opting for the RM. Perhaps he should have joined the RFA as a Deck Cadet. He'd be a Commodore by now.....
I see what you did there.

Prince Edward wasn't the first to fail RM Officer training and he won't be the last.

Or a trade assistant [general] in the Crabs

Edward may come across as a little 'light on his loafers', but he does get to smash the arse out of the delightful Sophie Wessex. And I can't help but feel the RM scored a bit of an own-goal in binning him. I've not met the bloke at all, but was on a course once with an ex-Equerry of his, who couldn't sing his praises highly enough.

Anyways, back to Sophie. Yum yum yum............

Last edited:
Edward may come across as a little 'light on his loafers', but he does get to smash the arse out of the delightful Sophie Wessex. And I can't help but feel the RM scored a bit of an own-goal in binning him. I've not met the bloke at all, but was on a course once with an ex-Equerry of his, who couldn't sing his praises highly enough.

Anyways, back to Sophie. Yum yum yum............

Did the RM bin him, or did he decide that he would rather be a stage hand for Andrew Lloyd Webber?.

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer

In the eighties a young prince joined a fractional cavalry regiment. He's now king of Jordan.