Prince Edwards intake of booties, and the exploding SLR

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by gobbyidiot, Jul 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not a great story, but one I couldn't find on the site. I spoke to a marine who was in Edward's intake. Afternoon - on the ranges. Evening - running about doing attacks, firing blanks, the usual......people are handing magazines around in the dark, which proved a bugger at the subsequent inquiry.

My mate's moving forward, suddenly a horrific blam off to the side and an SLR gets ripped out of a bloke's hands and he's left standing looking well- stunned. Investigation reveals a barrel like a cartoon - burst and folded back on itself, banana skin style. Yup, you guessed it, somebody had loaded a live round into a mag of blank and this poor bugger had fired it up the back of the BFA.

It would have been a better story if royalty had been directly involved, obviously :)

2. You're right; Not a great story.

3. Is there a point to this, other than the fact that live rounds are hard to distinguish in the dark and that's why the new weapon has blank-only mags...? :? :sleepy:

4. Alright!!! So standards of idle drivel are slipping..........

I suppose I had the advantage of my pal pulling the face that the bloke who fired the weapon had after the bang - a thousand yard stare while sucking a lemon, and powder marks that made him look like Chi Chi.

He said the only good thing about having Edward around was watching the deference dissolve after a couple of weeks. From making him cups of tea in the field to "F*** off you lazy w*nk" pretty quickly.

That and getting invited to royal p*ss ups, at least one in the palace.