Prince Consort Library - 150th Anniversary Open Days

Discussion in 'The Book Club' started by Auld-Yin, Sep 22, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Please see posters below giving details of the Open Days to celebrate the 150th Anniversary of the Prince Consort's Library in Aldershot. There are days for Army and Civilians.

Picture1.jpg ......................................................................... Picture2.jpg
    /images/misc/pencil.png

2. Auld-Yin

Just reminder that you have the chance to go along and help celebrate the 150th Anniversary of this great facility. Bear in mind that 150 years ago, the chances for the ordinary soldier to get his (no hers then :) ) hands on books etc was extremely limited. This facility has helped the education of soldiers over the years and deserves support from those able to go along. I hope some of you are able to make it along.

3. Indeed so, when I was a married tom in Montgomery Lines with a pad in Salamanca Park I always used to pop in to the PC(?!) library at close of play. Great staff who used to excell at helping individuals find what they were looking for. Oh, and when I was leaving the Army, they had just got the internet and were very helpful with resettlement assistance online.

I wish I was in the UK to go to the event.

PS I remember someone telling me he had gone there to find an old publication and had accidentally burst in on a Masons' meeeting with the whole of the Bn head shed in attendance. Or maybe that's urban myth.

4. Been to many a lecture in there and very good they were. The last one I went to was by Richard Holmes about his book 'Sahib'.
    Free mince pies and gluewein as well!

5. Auld-Yin

Bump - for info.

6. Auld-Yin

Bump - still time to get this in your diaries.

7. Auld-Yin

A further BUMP to remind you that the first Open Day is tomorrow. I hope many can get along to at least one of the Days.

8. Auld-Yin

If any of you go along, how about putting a bit here on your experience? Might make it attractive to others and encourage them to visit.

9. Auld-Yin

Final open day for army personnel, if you leave until the weekend you will have to mix with civvies :)

Get along and support one of our supporting organisations.