Prince Charles tried to stop war.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Nehustan, Jan 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Prince Charles tried to stop war. Prince thought Tony Blair was wrong on Iraq and mocked him as 'our glorious leader'.

PRINCE Charles was so convinced Tony Blair was WRONG to take Britain to war in Iraq he broke Royal tradition and actively campaigned against the invasion, the News of the World can reveal.

News of the World

Just watched this piece being discussed on the BBC. They hinted that Charles was in a no win situation, damned if he did damned if he didn't, in regards to war; being pro the armed forces, while at the same time being anti war, especially when it is counterproductive. I have a feeling that HRH isn't the only person who feels the dissonance.
  2. The News of the World, that mighty tome of honesty and integrity.
  3. Then congratulations to him.
  4. Was I wrong?
  5. 8O are you on our planet?
  6. So Tony really listened and took his advice "under consideration" did he? Did he heck as like! H.R.H. found himself like many others IGNORED! Tony was going to war no mater what anyone thought.
  7. There is only one person at Buck house they would have listened to, and even then I am not sure they would necessarily have followed any advice given.
  8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Need a bit more information, I mean I get the general drift, but don't really have enough information on your position to put forward a reasonable response...
  9. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

That point was also touched upon by the BBC. They did go on to say that St. James's while not confirming the story, did not deny it.

(edited to add, I think the court response was that the piece was 'speculative')
  10. Good on him. I would have stopped the fecker if I could.

And there is not much wrong with Charlie, he is a decent bloke in my book from what little I know of him. Besides, I was given half a day off school to celebrate his birth.
  11. Look at the people who are lining up to condemn him before he appears before the enquiry, John Major and Charles Windsor this week-end alone. Blair has been dropped by the Establishment.
  12. Blair is a legend. He got me an extra three campaign medals! :D
  13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Sierra Leone?

(edited to add there's a cheap witticism, but I'll avoid it)
  14. Should have been one clasp to an OSM, some LOA and as many hookers as you could eat. :)
  15. I'd have been impressed with all these people creaking out of the wood work if they'd managed to sway Blair at all. But they didn't. Despite their influence they achieved nothing. That's their failing. They watched as Blair amassed his power and influence. I'm not really interested in hearing them all cry 'I was terribly against it all you know' from the comfort of Blair having gone.

Bunch of weak spineless has-beens.