Prince Andrew - P Coy?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bravo2nothing, Sep 14, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So there I am watching the Biography Channel with Mrs B2N and I see Tim Collins standing with HRH in twos with the Royal Irish marching about in the background. He was sporting a nice set of (Military Parachutist) Wings, in fine Royal Irish Colours.

So the question is, when did he do P Coy? I know Charles did RAF things to get his Wings but when did Andrew? I did read on the Wiki that he did the Commando Course, did he get them through the back door (excuse the pun).
  2. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No back door - AACC is an accepted arduous selection course and so off to Brize you go. Of course you have to be on strength of a para roled unit, or due posting to one as there is a backlog on the course. Was not such a problem in years gone by (and definately not for HRH!).
  3. Wasn't looking for a bite but looks like I got one! No disrespect to all those who've passed AACC, just a bit of friendly banter. Before I get hammered by the Baked Beans amongst us..
  4. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I thought P company preceeded jumps, i.e. the maroon beret can be worn independently from the wings. Maybe (in fact probably) the jumps can also be carried out seperately especially as he is a.) HRH and b.) a pilot?
  5. I think HRH is a PTI too!
  6. Andrew's first jump was televised. Didn't he get twisted rigging?
  7. Your thinking of John Noakes when that kangaroo kicked him in the nuts...
  8. No he didn't. Charlie boy qualified in the Fleet Air Arm as a pilot, NOT the RAF. He had standards.....
  9. That's a bit out of date Nehustan. 16AAB wear the beret en masse, I am sure those chicks they have on the books haven't done P coy!
  10. Sorry to burst your bubble but Prince Charles passed the RAF pilot route...

As for Andy, he did AACC and thence wings. Prince Charles did a P Coy but I think without milling! If only he had waited a few years he could have taken on one of Di's HCR lovers and given them a good pounding!
  11. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

No bite B2N - statement of fact! I am certainly no sea-hat, and have no reason to defend their cause :D
  12. Actually, t'was ever thus. 2 OBLI were sporting maroon berets when they jumped out of their gliders to check that the Orne bridges were safe for the paras to scatter themselves around in June '44. :wink: