Prince Andrew Accused of Underage Sex Acts

I suspect all he is 'guilty' of is having consensual sex with a young adult (who was of consenting age). Given his royal status, the defence open to most people is not realistically open to him: "I was single. I was attracted to this young women. We had sex. She consented at all times."
Why couldn't he use that defence just because he's a Royal?

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
King George VI and Winston both wore unentitled RAF pilots wings when in RAF uniform. Imagine Boris sticking a set up.

I'm going to send Boris a set from eBay.

Yes she was. That is what the age of consent means, and she was above it.

This statute makes it a federal offense to knowingly recruit, entice, harbor, transport, provide, obtain, or maintain a minor (defined as someone under 18 years of age) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that the victim is a minor and would be caused to engage in a commercial sex act. “Commercial sex act” is defined very broadly to include “any sex act, on account of which anything of value is given to or received by any person.” In other words, it is illegal both to offer and to obtain a child, and cause that child to engage in any kind of sexual activity in exchange for anything of value, whether it be money, goods, personal benefit, in-kind favors, or some other kind of benefit.

I suspect all he is 'guilty' of is having consensual sex with a young adult (who was of consenting age). Given his royal status, the defence open to most people is not realistically open to him: "I was single. I was attracted to this young women. We had sex. She consented at all times."

He has acted foolishly, but that alone is not unlawful. He has brought this problem upon himself though. His high-handed and arrogant persona has got him here. I suspect he will have to cough up (bigly) and he will then disappear into ignominy. Shame, because, had he exercised better judgment and not been such an arrogant tosser, he could have been a popular and prominent member of the royal family.
Well there is by all accounts a room for him that has or is shortly becoming available.

She may well have known what she was doing but at 17 she was not legally competent to consent.

That rather depends upon "where" the alleged act took place. The US has an interesting mix of rules, including:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_the_United_States#Rules_for_U.S._military said:
Rules for U.S. military
Article 120b of the Uniform Code of Military Justice (10 U.S.C. § 920b), to which essentially only members of the United States Armed Services and enemy prisoners of war are subject, defines the age of consent as sixteen years but allows an exemption for people who are married to minors 12–15 years old. There is also a mistake-in-age defense if the minor is over 12, but not if the minor is under 12. Within the United States, United States servicemembers are further subject to the local state law both when off-post. The local state law is incorporated, for the most part, into federal law when on-post per the Assimilative Crimes Act (18 U.S.C. § 13). Depending upon the relevant status of forces agreement, United States service members are also subject to the local criminal laws of the host nation for acts committed off-post.

He's a relatively large player to go after if you're making it up.

far easer to smear and with a huge amount to lose, one could say that he was an ideal candidate to go after - especially as he is a twat and already not liked by anyone and most especially the media! - and besides, its not like the american justice system would allow her to go after Clinton or the other yank 'royals' so, andrew and maxwell were cheers easy candidates for her to add to her millions

far easer to smear and with a huge amount to lose, one could say that he was an ideal candidate to go after - especially as he is a twat and already not liked by anyone and most especially the media! - and besides, its not like the american justice system would allow her to go after Clinton or the other yank 'royals' so, andrew and maxwell were cheers easy candidates for her to add to her millions
Plus they are British.

Andrew might be, along with a few others. I'm not sure that it's true for the rest of them.

The more I think I about it the more I realise that stripping him of a few titles was just window-dressing. He's still the Duke of York, still a Vice Admiral, he still has titles aplenty. He's probably laughing that he gets to chin off the boring bits and still retain all the privileges. He's very far from defending this case as a private citizen, how do they expect anyone to be fooled?

Not according to Virginia . He did a lot more.
and because she's a member of the fairer sex ( now there is an oxymoron if ever I heard one ) everything she says must be true , and must have happened

this case rings a bell with me
Craig Charles , accused of rape in 1994 spent three month inside awaiting trial
heres a short bit of an article from the Grun
[.......
In 1994, while in his early 30s, Charles was charged with rape. Although he was acquitted, it was humiliating – he was remanded in Wandsworth prison for three months, and the tabloids had a field day with stories about his drug consumption and his penchant for strip clubs. Did he ever think he would be convicted? “No. No, no, not at all,” he says adamantly. “I knew I would get my day in court. You can’t prove something that didn’t happen when all the evidence proves the opposite, so I just needed to get the evidence out there.” He winces. “To be honest, I try not to think about it. I kind of lock it up in a box. It’s too painful for me to visit. ]

sound familiar?

Latest Threads