Prince 2 - Through the army?

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by specop140, Mar 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have heard recently that you can do Prince 2 at the Defence Academy, Shriv, and not have to use your ELC to fund it.

Has anyone else heard about this and if so how you go about applying for it?

My training wing is unavailabe to answer this query at the moment so thought i would ask the arrse world.

Cheers,

Speccy.

2. To get the MOD to pay for a PRINCE2 course you need to be posted into a unit/ agency that is actually using PRINCE2. Otherwise you'll have to pay for it, like I did.

One warning though, the certificate is meant to only last for 5 years and then your supposed to do a refresher.

3. Cheers for that Clerky.

Appreciate your help.

Regards.

4. Is it not 3 years and then it needs to be renewed?

5. Look at doing it thro the Bristol Management Centre if you cannot get it thro the Army. Use your ELC and it will cost you about £295.

Really useful cse to have under your belt.

6. Cheers fellas

7. You need to get it refreshed at least every 5 years.

If you want it as a freebie you can get it at the Defence Procurement Management Training (DPMT) place at Bristol. You will need to write a business case for it though because they pay for the course and the exam. Mine consisted of "I'm working on a project that is being run by the PRINCE2 Methodology and I have no previous understanding of PRINCE2".

It got me in.

PM me if you need more details.

Edited to add: It's an open book exam too.

8. I've PM'd you