Primeval on ITV - is it me or is it shite?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Rodney2q, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Now don't get me wrong. Saturday night TV featuring some attractive totty, special effects and big monsters with lots of teeth usually ticks all the boxes for me.

However, the plot in latest series of Primeval seems to have more holes than my issue string vest, the new characters are wooden, the dialogue is just a series of cliches in places and the series seems to have lost its way after the last one.

Oh yes, Hannah Spearitt's new hairstyle is crap as well.

So, I throw the floor open - is it just me or is the new series of Primeval just shite?

2. I switched off after the first couple of episodes. That Scottish twat did my head in and I always thought the stories become even more rubbish when they introduced some super-predators that seem to be able to turn themselves invisible.

Only watched for Hannah Spearitt, but soon lost appeal after watching her 'acting'.

3. Shite.

I trust my reply conforms with the ten character rule thingy.
  4. My kids discovered it last series so ended up with 3 series on DVD then we have to watch every episode twice on the weekend, add in endless fukcing Vampire Diaries and I cannot remeber the last bit of TV I picked on a weekend...oh and yes it is sh1te
  5. I caught series 1 and Claudia Brown definitely rang my bell.

Other than that, who would send a security squad up against BFO monsters with a 5.56? Surely you'd need something bigger (and no, I'm not going to mention a certain self-loading rifle but you catch my drift)
  6. I've never watched it before. But caught it on TV over the weekend. I actually watched it, just in case it got better. Some dodgy blue werewolf kinda things at some wedding party, or somesuch.

Absolute gash. It's a poor cross between Doctor Who, and The Magnificent Seven.
  7. Definitely not on a par with the previous series, but on a plus the new receptionist is rather nice on the eye

8. I thought it had some potential for enjoyment when a giant tadpole ate a girl child, last but one I think, but sadly, tadpole and mates were killed, which I found to be cruel.

9. Thanks for the replies chaps - now I can tell the Doris that it's not just me being a grumpy old man...

10. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

Not on TV on a Sat night, nor does it have anything to do with monsters.
    But Waterloo road is worth watching again just for this little minx.

11. Get up to speed man,they have got super laser/tranquiliser thingies now.
    The show has suffered the same fate as many the difficult third series.The concept of time travelling dinosaurs is a bit of a one trick pony.
    That said,the new ginger girl could see my anomoly whenever she likes.
  12. Having enjoyed the previous two series. The wife and I have been watching the current series and have both commented on the fact that the quality does seemed to have dropped. There seem to be less "boots on the ground" than in the previous series, and obviously the change in weapons is to cut down on the cost of blanks.

The graphics seemed to have declined altough done by the company that did the graphics for Gladiator.

It does show the signs of a series that was cancelled after the last series and has been brought back at a vastly reduced budget. As I believe was the case!
  13. Best thing is she's 27, I was feeling dirty until the wife mentioned she was nearly 30.
  14. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I'll watch every episode with hannah spearritt in twice!
  15. I'd heard it was dropped at the end of the last season, and picked up by a septic company have you noticed its in 10 minute blocks- thats all they can focus for before going to the fridge for a snack

its like torchwood, watch when that comes back its gone from a show set in wales with wierd things to being made for and set in the states