Prime Time?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by DozyBint, Sep 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mooching around on a Saturday afternoon before I get busy in the kitchen prepping for my dinner party tonight (why oh why did I offer to host it? :roll:) I'm messing around on t'internet and have BBC Prime on the box, awaiting an episode of Yes Minister. I've switched on around 10 minutes early and have caught the tail-end of Bargain Hunt. Within nanoseconds of registering what I'm watching, 2 questions spring to mind:

1 - Is Bargain Hunt really what we want Johnny Foreigner to think is the prime of British TV :?: (Although thanks to this channel I get to see the aforementioned Yes Minister as well as Blackadder and Fawlty Towers which I agree are prime viewing.)

2 - Why are all people who are really 'into' antiquey-bargain-hunting stuff so weird looking :?: Anorak-wearing mop-haired pansies, and that's just the men. As for the host, well...

[​IMG]

2. Tell me about it. Whenever I turn on BBC America theres a 50/50 chance that I'm going to get Changing Rooms with that Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen d1ckhead or fecking Keeping Up Appearances.

That being said, even that dross is better than almost Spam programming.

3. Yep, checking the schedule for the next few days, they're also shown on a disturbingly frequent basis. :roll:

4. Dozy,
    Whenever you want to feel better about Brit tv, watch episodes of the following; Neighbours, Jerry Springer, Doctor Phil, Prisoner(Cell Block H I think it's called where you are) and Oprah.

5. You think "Cheap as Chips" himself David Dickinson is bad.

Take a look at the freakshow who is currently fronting the program:

[​IMG]

Tim Wannacott, say the sirname fast and it sounds like wannacock. Horrid man, definately off my babysitting list.

Boney