Prime Time?

Mooching around on a Saturday afternoon before I get busy in the kitchen prepping for my dinner party tonight (why oh why did I offer to host it? :roll:) I'm messing around on t'internet and have BBC Prime on the box, awaiting an episode of Yes Minister. I've switched on around 10 minutes early and have caught the tail-end of Bargain Hunt. Within nanoseconds of registering what I'm watching, 2 questions spring to mind:

1 - Is Bargain Hunt really what we want Johnny Foreigner to think is the prime of British TV :?: (Although thanks to this channel I get to see the aforementioned Yes Minister as well as Blackadder and Fawlty Towers which I agree are prime viewing.)

2 - Why are all people who are really 'into' antiquey-bargain-hunting stuff so weird looking :?: Anorak-wearing mop-haired pansies, and that's just the men. As for the host, well...

DozyBint said:
Mooching around on a Saturday afternoon before I get busy in the kitchen prepping for my dinner party tonight (why oh why did I offer to host it? :roll:) I'm messing around on t'internet and have BBC Prime on the box, awaiting an episode of Yes Minister. I've switched on around 10 minutes early and have caught the tail-end of Bargain Hunt. Within nanoseconds of registering what I'm watching, 2 questions spring to mind:

1 - Is Bargain Hunt really what we want Johnny Foreigner to think is the prime of British TV :?: (Although thanks to this channel I get to see the aforementioned Yes Minister as well as Blackadder and Fawlty Towers which I agree are prime viewing.)

2 - Why are all people who are really 'into' antiquey-bargain-hunting stuff so weird looking :?: Anorak-wearing mop-haired pansies, and that's just the men. As for the host, well...

Tell me about it. Whenever I turn on BBC America theres a 50/50 chance that I'm going to get Changing Rooms with that Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen d1ckhead or fecking Keeping Up Appearances.

That being said, even that dross is better than almost Spam programming.

crabtastic said:
Tell me about it. Whenever is turn on BBC America theres a 50/50 chance that I'm going to get Changing Rooms with that Lawrence Llewellyn-Bowen d1ckhead or fecking Keeping Up Appearances.
Yep, checking the schedule for the next few days, they're also shown on a disturbingly frequent basis. :roll:

Dozy,
Whenever you want to feel better about Brit tv, watch episodes of the following; Neighbours, Jerry Springer, Doctor Phil, Prisoner(Cell Block H I think it's called where you are) and Oprah.

You think "Cheap as Chips" himself David Dickinson is bad.

Take a look at the freakshow who is currently fronting the program:

Tim Wannacott, say the sirname fast and it sounds like wannacock. Horrid man, definately off my babysitting list.

Boney