Prime Suspect Among Rhys Arrests

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CharlieBubbles, Apr 15, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At LONG last

By Sky News SkyNews - 1 hour 9 minutes agoThe prime suspect in the murder of 11-year-old Liverpool schoolboy Rhys Jones has been arrested in a dawn raid by Merseyside Police.

The 17-year-old, who has been seized twice before, was among a dozen held after more than 100 officers swooped on 10 homes across Liverpool in an operation that had been planned for weeks.

Police now believe they have the key people they sought over the shooting.

It is a vital moment in the eight-month investigation, as detectives need to be sure of having enough evidence to charge the the prime suspect this time.

A Merseyside Police spokesman told Sky News Online that four males aged 16, 17, 24, and 25 had been arrested on suspicion of murder.

A 49-year-old man and two boys, aged 15 and 16, were seized on suspicion of assisting an offender and perverting the course of justice and a 17-year-old was arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender.

The 16-year-old is also suspected of possessing a firearm and ammunition.

Three women aged 50, 54 and 21, and a 22-year-old man are also in custody on suspicion of attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Rhys Jones was shot dead as he walked across a pub car park near his home on the Croxteth Park estate in Liverpool last August.

The football mad youngster bled to death. It is thought he was hit by mistake in an attack between two rival gangs.

His killer, a youth in a hoody, escaped on a black bicycle, prompting a mass appeal for witnesses.

However, Merseyside Police faced great problems finding evidence and getting witnesses to talk.

Many people must have seen the shooting as they sat outside the Firtree pub on a warm Wednesday night.

But they were too scared to come forward, despite appeals from Everton footballers - Rhys' heroes.

Slowly information did trickle in and police have been able to build up a case against their prime suspect and others thought to have helped him evade justice.

The shooting fuelled the debate on guns and gangs, which are particular problems on Merseyside.

Recently, Chief Constable Bernard Hogan-Howe criticised some judges for being lenient on gun crime and not invoking the minimum five-year sentence for firearm possession.
  2. This has been an exeptionally nasty case.

Let's hope charges follow and the guilty wind up doing a lot of time.Public executions would be good,but you can't have everything.

No doubt the legal-aid parasites(read lawyers) will be concocting alibies as why their client is totally innocent.
  3. Incredible that so many people (including adults and women) are willing to pervert the course of justice. Shamefully that says a lot about our society.
  4. I hear that most of the adults are the family of the shooter, the chief constable warned the family to give him up or they would go down with him, I hope this will be the case.
  5. I am sorry to say, that is the society WE now live in, what with the Shannon Mathews case, where it appears that other family members were involved. Lets face it folks, WE are talking about second, sometimes third generation CHAV parenting and all from a limited Gene Pool!
  6. A seventeen yr old has just been charged with the murder of Rhys Jones according to a radio report.
  7. I can see it being knocked down to manslaughter as the chav will say Rhys was'nt the intended target and it was accidental, its happened plenty of times before.....
  8. Sadly true however the police have taken a lot of time to put the case together and the evidence has been with the CPS for a fair while. They seem confident that they can make the charge stick.

Allegedly the little scrote has been bragging about being responsible so I hope it comes back to haunt him. I hope the rest of the family go down with him, it's past time to start making an example
  9. HE was carrying a deadly weapon, he used it, the kid died, so the little Chac Git should go down for a very long time, at least 30 years!

Set a president and tell these clowns who wonder OUR streets, you take a gun and whether you use it or not, you will rot in jail.

And WHEN they are ALL found guilty, send them to prisons ALL over the country, keep them apart like they have parted this lad from his family!

10. How true is that, Grand parents by the age of mid to late 20's, all professional dole scroungers, all on drugs of one blend or another.

Sadly though this is the case across the whole country.

They will probably get 8 years and let out after 4 anyway, the law gentlemen is an ass.
  11. WELL, WE know what we can do on the 1st May, then at the next general election then?

As well as making prisons HELL, not the 4 star hotel they have become!

Military accomodation is far worse that many prisons and YOU pay for that pleasure!!
  12. What should happen and what actually happens are to different things, he'll plead he comes from a broken dysfunctional home, the gun went off accidently and the charge will knocked down to manslaughter one once the case has been knocked off the front pages by something equally nasty....hope I'm wrong but I doubt it
  13. How can 4 be arrested on suspicion of murder if there was only 1 with the gun?

Does helping the 17 year old who pulled the trigger count as murder or are the police putting pressure on others to give evidence?
  14. WELL, WE know what we can do on the 1st May, then at the next general election then?

As well as making prisons HELL, not the 4 star hotel they have become!

Military accomodation is far worse that many prisons and YOU pay for that pleasure!!