Prime Minister pledges to bring shipbuilding back to the UK

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
We already know, it's Babcock!

We already know, it's Babcock!
which is good, my son currently working on the infrastructure to settle the hulls on at Rosyth
They were getting twitchy as to where the boats would actually be assembled, although nothing is set in concrete yet

Just before I retired, they were talking about paying workers in Scotstoun to do nothing for a year before the Type 31 orders were placed 'just to keep the vital skills necessary for manufacture'. What happened to that cosy little scheme?

Just before I retired, they were talking about paying workers in Scotstoun to do nothing for a year before the Type 31 orders were placed 'just to keep the vital skills necessary for manufacture'. What happened to that cosy little scheme?
The ones at Rosyth are currently preparing the infrastructure, and the seating for the ships to settle on in the dry dock...they aren't idle, the lad has been fabricating mounts for offshore turbines among other things , as well as working on the POW

It must be sticking in the collective craw of the SNaziP that the Royal navy are again bringing work up here, just watched the snp Secretary on the news bleating about no confirmation nah de blah forgetting maybe the only ship work they have 'procured ' is still sitting unfinished and way over budget

Do you think he want to bring ship building back because the Queen Elizabeth has cost a ridiculous amount of money and is a piece of crap?

Thought the work was being spread throughout UK........or is it a political gesture?I know Lairds were hoping for some crumbs to be thrown their way.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Cynical The Book Club 1
Auld-Yin The Intelligence Cell 4754
MoD_RSS MoD News 3

Latest Threads