Prime Minister inspects new carrier construction

Ministry of Defence said:
The Prime Minister, David Cameron, visited Rosyth dockyard yesterday to see the work taking place to build the first of the two new Queen Elizabeth Class aircraft carriers.

More...

Subsunk

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Cameron also visited Ark Royal and the embarked Naval Strike Wing in June 2010, about 3 months before they got the Chop. He was at BRNC this week as well, so that's history. It's like the Grim Reaper with a top hat and a monocle.

I'm surprised he bothered. Perhaps he was so amazed the treasury had left anything afloat in the Navy that he decided to find out how he had missed it?

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
No the dockyard, but the majority of the workers there live in his constituency. The carrier alliance weren't stupid when they chose the assembly yard

Feel free to add you own caption

"Only another few years 'til retirement and a cushy defence lobbying job for me!"

Caption.JPG

No the dockyard, but the majority of the workers there live in his constituency. The carrier alliance weren't stupid when they chose the assembly yard
Do they?

His constituency covers Kirkcaldy and Cowdenbeath, I would imagine more workers live in Rosyth, Dunfermline, Inverkeithing or Dalgety Bay than live in Kirkcaldy, Cowdenbeath and Kelty.

Hoots Mon. The Right Honourable Member for Kirkcaldy & Cowdenbeath will have spilled more than the usual
amount of porridge than down his tie during breakfast this morning on reading that the Prime Minister of the
United Kingdom (a position he aspired to, but never quite achieved) combined a visit in Edinburgh to sign off
on the referendum agreement with a well timed photo opportunity at Rosyth Naval Dockyards to illustrate the
inherent dangers of dropping the ball on blue sky projects. Let the good time roll.

Nice cranes, made in China.

Latest Threads