Pride and honor...

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by Khyros, Jul 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since a few, soon to be serving, individuals have brought up the "which unit is better" subject I decided to make a statement that I know is as true for the British Army as it is for the US Army.

Every single regiment has a history steeped in courage and sacrifice... their crest and patches have all been stained red with the blood of men who gave thier all to accomplish the nation's will. When you don an insignia you are duty bound to know it's past and uphold tradition. Bad mouthing a lousy leader or stupid decision is fine but don't you dare denigrate your unit as a whole because to do so is to spit on every man who came before you.

If you do feel that the outfit your in isn't up to snuff then start making changes to improve it rather than whine. Even if you are just a lowly private, setting an example will have an effect on both your peers and immediate leadership... you will be amazed at how contagious motivation and professionalism are.

Okay... lecture over.
  2. These ideals were drilled into my head at a young age, and to this day I firmly believe in them. Well done for posting this!
  3. Khyros,

Strong words and well spoken. An excellent post displaying all of the values that the British Army holds dear.

4. Here Here................ <banging the table and supping Port>
  5. music to an old soldiers ears..bravo
  6. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Well stated! To the Regiment! :!:

"De Oppresso liber!"
  7. Agree with everything written.
  8. well done for saying that..... :D
  9. [align=center]A Soldier

We were that which others cared not to be.
    We went where others feared to go.
    And did what others failed to do.
    We asked nothing from those who gave nothing,
    And reluctantly accepted the thought of eternal loneliness - should we fail.
    We have seen the face of terror.
    Felt the chill of fear, warmed to the touch of love.
    We have hoped, pained and cried.
    But, foremost lived in times others say were best forgotten.
    At the very least we will be able to say with greatest pride.
    That I was indeed a soldier.

~ Rob Lynch[/align]
  10. Well said, and truly spoken.

Damn...must have something in my eye... :oops:
  11. We all believe our regiment or corps is the best and that all others are weak-kneed poseurs. However we would defend to the death our own corps or regiment and expect everyone else to do the same. Banter is fine but generally anyone who says and means that such and such a push are a shower, is usually a walting tw4t.

12. And from what I've seen its usually those people that do bring up that subject while not knowing thing 1. Fantastic post.

O_G (A proud REMF)
  13. Well said Khyros...It's about time that was said. How many times have I heard the phrase 'this is w@nk boss'?

My reply: well do something about it otherwise it'll get w@nker!
  14. Excellent post well done KHYROS
  15. If you have pride in your unit, whatever it is/was then pride in yourself and what you'll help to accomplish as a member will mean twice as much.
    As the saying goes ...I might not agree with what you say, but i'll defend your right to say it with my life.
    The same was so for my Regt.! I would 'drip' but then find a way to make it better.
    Younger generation ought to try living by similar standards.