Pricing the ultimate sacrifice...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Jailorinummqasr, Jan 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From the NY Times today.

Seems a reasonable suggestion [to increase the money paid], having not thought about this before what do we in the event we don't come home?
  2. Unknown_Quantity

Unknown_Quantity War Hero Moderator

You wouldn't see that in any of our papers. Not any of our NEWS papers anyway.
  3. tomahawk6

Whether it is the gaurdian or not, I read it along with the Globe and Post to find out what SPETICS think and also to find out how the Sox and Yankees are doing.

Nuff said.
  4. There is an immediate death gratuity payable to cover funeral expenses etc. It was £3000 when I first joined the regular Army in 1985: I assume it's gone up since then.
  5. Chickenpunk, I wouldn't assume anything when politicians have anything to do with doing the 'right thing'. They constantly vote themselves payrises & expenses whilst denying others the same. Scum, scum, scum... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  6. The T&Cs of service for most civilian posts stipulate a "Death in service" gratuity of 3-4 or even 5 times annual salary. Four times your salary seems a fair price to me.