price of gold / silver

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
what does the team think?
Will the price of gold on Silver rise after brexit ?
or will they fall in six months or so . whats your forecasts .

Mrsheeny

Old-Salt
I’ve heard something along the lines of Silver will automatically rise 20% the day after Brexit for some reason of another, is it something to do with VAT or something along them lines? Or have I dreamt that up?

I’ve heard something along the lines of Silver will automatically rise 20% the day after Brexit for some reason of another, is it something to do with VAT or something along them lines? Or have I dreamt that up?
I know they recently slapped VAT on shares in silver bullion, and my supplier has increased the price of silver by about £7 per ounce.

I think it is hilarious that someone actually thinks that they know what will happen.

The only thing that will be certain is an initial rise in the price of commodities and fall in markets. But that will be the result of the self-licking-lollipop that is short selling and nothing to do with the actual market values.

Depends how much you steal/borrow?
How much you looking to get?
But if you "borrow" loads then price might go up?
Are you in a gang, hope not Gary's Gang?
Getting caught will get you 12-25 years full board?

jarrod248

LE
Gallery Guru
If we do leave the failing German banks I'd expect to go in a bad way. People may then buy loads of metals and price rocket. *taps nose, get buying. (I'm not a financial advisor and I'm very poor)

Both Gold and Silver are traded on global exchanges against the US$. Gold is a safe haven when markets are falling.

Brexit is a mere pimple on the arsse of global markets. The only reason you will see a post Brexit increase in the Sterling cost of Gold will be because the Pound falls against the US$.

IMHO the markets have priced in just about all Brexit risks. Once and assuming that the uncertainty has cleared (Brexit with or without a deal) buyers will go in to the Pound.

No Brexit, Corbyn government, pound collapses and Gold will become very expensive mIf bought with Pounds.

Latest Threads