Previous unit outstanding wages

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by BBear, Jun 16, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. BBear

    BBear LE Reviewer


    I'm a TA type A Officer and have been parading with my new unit for over a year. However, because of paperwork "issues" I have only just been transfered over to my new unit. However, there are some quite outstanding debts owed to me by my previous unit, including a year at a lower pay scale (44 rather) and a 10 day AT trip. I've highlighted these issues before and told to "wait out, it's a jpa thing".

    How would I resolve this? Can i approach my old unit and request these to be paid to me now I've transfered over or do I need to go through my new unit?


  2. If you are now on strength with the new unit (you appear on the new units JPA) then the old unit can do nothing about it. Suggest that you get hold of the attendance registers and get new PSAO to upload them as attendance based pay element entries if the CoC supports the payment for these training events.

    I would also assume that this cake and arse situation has resulted in your bounty being stuffed up.

    As an officer, I would have expected your transfer to have been managed at Adjutant level, but if you were also changing cap badge, Glasgow may have had an input. Unless you are some kind of admin nightmare (not you personally, just your situation) I would not have expected the transfer to have taken this long. Give PSAO and Adjutant your case and see what they are going to do about it. I would also encourage the use of an EPIC, it then gets flagged up to the CO that someone is not being looked after.
  3. I'm in a similar situation, but I'm an NCO and I changed cap badge.

    Whilst I did not join for the money, I have recently lost my job, so my owed pay would come in handy......not being a pay guru, would an EPIC payment expidite matters ?

    Also as "Casual Labour" are we entitled to interest on a late payment ?