previous drug use on ta medical

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by woody1984, Feb 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey people i need a little help,
    i used to be a stoner(smoking everyday) 2 weeks ago i quit and have not smoked since
    i have wanted to join the ta for a few months now but after speaking to an adviser on the phone i will be going to my local ta unit on tuesday night to see how it works with a view to signing up,i have been told that if i sign up i will have a medcal within 1 month
    what will happen if any traces of cannabis are found in my medical would that be an automatic fail?
    as i havent touched for jus ova 2 weeks and wont be touching it again
    or would i be best waiting a couple of months? i really dont wanna screw this up as i want to make a positive change in my life and challenge myself instead of smoking my life away

p.s any advice will be appreciated and sorry for the long post
  2. msr

msr LE

3. As far as I know, cannabis only only stays in ur system for around a month, after that, the levels will be low enough to put it down to passive smoking.

You can help flush it out of your system by drinking alot of water I think?
  4. Or you can stay off the jazz woodbines for a year and think about applying then.
  5. Go to the TAC to see what it's like. If it's what you want, don't sign up just yet. Wait two months to see if you've really kicked the habit, then join.

The delay should give time for the muck to leave your system. Also, the weather should have improved by then.

6. My bold, complete tosh, you certainly can't! If they suspect you have used they may ask you for a hair test, which will go back as long as the hair's been on your head fundamentally.
  7. thanks people for the quick replies and advice i think it will be a good idea if i hold off for a month or 2 and work on my fitness a bit more to make sure my system is flushed

once again thanks alot