Previous Broken bones, does it affect your application?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by potentialpara1, Mar 10, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey all,
    I broke my collar bone when I was 7, it was possibly the worste pain I'd ever experienced but has never given me any problems since the break I am now 21, does anybody know if the medical assesors discriminate against previously broken bones?

2. Depends probably on what your broke, how long ago & the role you will be undertaking.
    Will your role in the Army put stress on it etc.

3. dont think so .
    ive broken my wrist before and they havent said nothing about it .
    ull be ok

4. So they did say somehting? 8)

5. I have numerous broken toes, which they're never mentioned... although it did come up on my medical forms (as I declared them).. big toe was the worst break, in 2006...

6. I broke my arm when I was about 7-8....they never said anything during my app.

7. Hi - my lad broke a bone in his hand/ had an op on it and had to wait a full 12 months before he could go 'through' the process. Seems that any breaks/operations have a 12 month period and anything before that will be OK.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

8. I put down about breaking my tibia + fibula when I was 14. I'm 20 now and I passed my medical clearance alright. They never mentioned anything.

9. I'm guessing that if you still have metalwork in there that it could have an effect on application?

Edited for mong typing

10. I have two screws in my knee, how would that affect an application to the TA?

11. Pararegtom

Pararegtom LE Book Reviewer

Imperial or metric?

12. Why do you ask?

13. having metal in bares entry i beleive, sure i read it somewhere

14. Broke my arm/elbow 3 times in 8 months and passed medical (did declare them on the forms)...was a while ago though to tell you the truth

15. I have adamantium fused to all of my bones. It actually makes me near enough invincible and an asset to the X-men.

Didn't stop me from getting in.