Previous Broken bones, does it affect your application?

Hey all,
I broke my collar bone when I was 7, it was possibly the worste pain I'd ever experienced but has never given me any problems since the break I am now 21, does anybody know if the medical assesors discriminate against previously broken bones?

Depends probably on what your broke, how long ago & the role you will be undertaking.
Will your role in the Army put stress on it etc.

I have numerous broken toes, which they're never mentioned... although it did come up on my medical forms (as I declared them).. big toe was the worst break, in 2006...

Hi - my lad broke a bone in his hand/ had an op on it and had to wait a full 12 months before he could go 'through' the process. Seems that any breaks/operations have a 12 month period and anything before that will be OK.

Please correct me if I'm wrong....

I put down about breaking my tibia + fibula when I was 14. I'm 20 now and I passed my medical clearance alright. They never mentioned anything.

I'm guessing that if you still have metalwork in there that it could have an effect on application?

Edited for mong typing

Broke my arm/elbow 3 times in 8 months and passed medical (did declare them on the forms)...was a while ago though to tell you the truth

I knew someone who broke there femur, had metalwork put in, and then taken out.

No go at the ACIO.

Go to the ACIO, they'll set you straight. Just don't lie about it.

potentialpara1 said:
Hey all,
I broke my collar bone when I was 7, it was possibly the worste pain I'd ever experienced but has never given me any problems since the break I am now 21, does anybody know if the medical assesors discriminate against previously broken bones?
If you've made a full recovery and it doesn't cause you any problems I see no reason why it would be an issue.

Markintime said:
If you have fractured the fingers of your right hand you may find it difficult filling out the application but a fully repaired greenstick clavicle which has not given any trouble is not going to be a problem.
But what if you're left handed? ;)

We may take the pish a bit but to be fair, when you have no idea of the rules anything can seem like it might be a problem.