Previous application

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by trebzy, Feb 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi, I got an application withdrawn from another service becauae I took too long. I wasnt interested in it and only started because I wanted to be in the forces but parents wouldnt sign consent form. Anyway, old enough now. Will my record stop me? Thanks in advance

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  2. Hello Treb, i wouldnt think it would stop it, however it might of been beneficial on your part to phone your recruitment office during that process in order to explain the situation instead of just ignoring it. Attend your nearest Careers Offices and enquire, best you can do.
  3. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

No it won't affect you but if you do the same thing for a secon time it may. When you apply you will have to declare if you have applied before. Just be honest and state you have and the reason you didn't complete the process.
  4. I think I asked for a TA application once and had it posted to me when I was at college but I never went through with it , do you have to declare this?

I didn't actually go and apply just wondering if i should mention that
  5. sup rec

sup rec LE Book Reviewer

The question is 'have you ever applied before'. If you never returned the application form you haven't applied so no need to declare it. If the TA put you on TRHJ you may be asked about it but just tell them it was an interest only question but you were sent the form anyway.
  6. I applied when I was 16 and ended up not following through. I'm now 22 and have ADSC next month, shouldn't affect your application, just make sure you tell them you've applied before.
  7. **** off NOW, you can definately go to your room for that one!