pretntious twats

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by ordinaryforces, Nov 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is coffee the new wine?
    I had occasion to go to town today and so I thought I'll have a coffee!
    so into the cafe I trundle and ask for a coffee, well the person behind the counter asked what I wanted? coffee says I,well the next stage was the friggin rigmarole about what type?
    Just a cup of coffee I said ..thinking to myself 2sugars and milk type of thing,next thing all these different names were suggested and lo and behold the next thing this effeminate guy who introduced himself as the barrista(wtf?) started reeling names off.
    I gave up and bought a cup of tea and stood outside for a smoke.
    bring back the greasy spoon I demand!

by the way ..the said cafe is brand new and ultra up your arse type of place.

2. Was the name of this establishment ''Costa coffee or Starbucks'' By chance?

3. I have fingers like a pound of Cumbrian sausages...so give me a break with the pretentious word OK.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Stick to Nescafe its easier and cheaper and you can fart and smoke while youre drinking it

• Like Like x 5
  5. H3

H3 LE

The modern world even does coffee to go !!!!

• Like Like x 1
  6. You been incarcerated for the last few years? Even McDonalds now sells cappuccino FFS.

7. where doe's it go :)

8. If truth were told...that's all I really wanted in the first place.

9. H3

H3 LE

Be hip .... Ask for a Skinny double shot Mocha Frappachino !!!

10. Ever tried buying a mobile phone? Having had pretty much every model type since 1998, including a smart jobby, all I wanted was a phone that was a phone only with text.
    I was treated like someone who'd never owned a fucking phone before; lots of patronizing explanations of having the latest whatever.

Ended up getting one from Amazon and the battery lasts a week unlike the other bell/ whistle heaps of (very expensive) shit.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

30 years ago, before the Internet was invented, I bet some cunts just like you were having a near identical conversation about the complex differences between 'red' and 'white' wine.

Embrace the future you old bastards,

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  12. Exactly!!
    It seems to be the way of everything you try to buy today,...some 18 yr old expert talking down to you.
    the last phone I bought I had to explain ,all I want is something I can say 'hello--insert conversation--goodbye' thats all I want !
    I dont need camera video and some fucking device to check on some soapstar.

13. Coffee is for Yanks and poofs.

• Like Like x 2