Pressups for the Paras

Alright lads
Sorry if this has already been posted i did use the search thing but couldnt find what i was looking for.
Well i was just wanting to know how many pressups in 2 mins ill be expected to be able to do when i arive at basic. Ive heard that they wont be happy until i can do 150 in 1 go? lol Anyone know?
Cheers

rg1991 said:
Alright lads
Sorry if this has already been posted i did use the search thing but couldnt find what i was looking for.
Well i was just wanting to know how many pressups in 2 mins ill be expected to be able to do when i arive at basic. Ive heard that they wont be happy until i can do 150 in 1 go? lol Anyone know?
Cheers
150??? thats more that 1 every second! 90 is good amount to achieve

i think its 60 m8

Any less than 120 and you have issues and should probably sack it and join the Navy.

its 44 just like the rest of the army

i would worry about p company rather then the press ups.

and 85+ press ups is a decent score on a pft, for a fully trained soldier.

dont worry about it, my nan knocks out 44 press ups before she goes to the hospital..

laza said:
its 44 just like the rest of the army

i would worry about p company rather then the press ups.

and 85+ press ups is a decent score on a pft, for a fully trained soldier.

dont worry about it, my nan knocks out 44 press ups before she goes to the hospital..
NO the Paras have to do more than the other lot.

kyale.b said:
120 in 120 seconds week 1 dont be thik
If you think thats bad I heard its 240 sit ups in 2 minutes.

Wah filter on.

It's east to find with google. The minimum standard is 60 in 2 mins. Not exactly taxing for someone who is fit enough to think they can pass pcoy.

kyale.b, re-arrange these words - whale, as, thick, omelette, a, to form a popular phrase :wink:

ok, listen in.

the pft is the only test that dictates a certain number of press ups.

whatever extra standards the DS want to impose is down to them.

there may be a good standard you need to achieve, but at the end of the day, you are civvys, not soldiers yet, so will be trained to an appropriate level.

when you tip up, as long as you can pass a pft you will be fine. i guarentee you will do enough press ups in your time in training.

there is no special category on the pft for paras!

saintstone said:
kyale.b, re-arrange these words - whale, as, thick, omelette, a, to form a popular phrase :wink:
thick as a omelette whale?

commonly found just lying on the sea bed floor covered in HP sauce.

S

Screw_The_Nut

For the Paras it depends, 25 normal press-ups, or you can put your knees on the floor and do 50. Up to you really.

don't join the paras then.. =P

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Reflection Health and Fitness 37
ANDYLUFC Health and Fitness 4
ANDYLUFC Health and Fitness 45