Pressups, feet raised??

it should be harder the more you incline your body because you will be using less of your massive hulking pecs and more of your puny delts....

bubsnicket said:
it should be harder the more you incline your body because you will be using less of your massive hulking pecs and more of your puny delts....
Incline or decline?

Interesting point... Incline or decline.... although by incline I meant "increase the angle from the floor" rather than taking into account which end the noggin is at!

Doing pressups with your feet raised will target the upper part of your pectoral (chest) muscles and the front deltoid (shoulder) muscles. Doing pressups with your plates on the deck will target the lower part of your pectoral muscles.

MsG

carlbcfc said:
Is doing pressups with feet raised, sofa height, harder? I cant tell.

Taking things to extremes often helps solve these problems. Think of inclining all the way until your body is vertical and all your weight is above your shoulders. Now, is that more difficult?

I think Yes is your answer.

Bugsy said:
Doing pressups with your feet raised will target the upper part of your pectoral (chest) muscles and the front deltoid (shoulder) muscles. Doing pressups with your plates on the deck will target the lower part of your pectoral muscles.

MsG
Much the same is incline & decline bench press then. Anyone know got an idea of what % of body weight your pushing up? Done 50 (5x10) of these the other day, it must work your lower abs too as mine are sore.

Lower abs is from holding the correct position - raise your backside up and it hurts your back instead.

Isn't it more to do with the fact that you move your centre of gravity and with your feet up you're bearing more weight on your hands, therefore its harder?

i believe a stanard press up is 60-40% towards arms

then going up to 70-30 with incline at a certain degree angle not sure what??

then obviously 100% on arms and shoulders for handstand push ups

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Reflection Health and Fitness 37
ANDYLUFC Health and Fitness 4
ANDYLUFC Health and Fitness 45