Press ups

#3
40 press ups in 2 minutes i think it is now. and the heaves number is different depending on which corps you want to join.
 
#4
I find press ups difficult aswell can only do about 10 but after im out of breath.
 
#5
Lewis said:
I find press ups difficult aswell can only do about 10 but after im out of breath.
i suggest starting with 5, then the next day 6, next day 7, next day 8 and so on.
 
#6
rick_rolled said:
Lewis said:
I find press ups difficult aswell can only do about 10 but after im out of breath.
i suggest starting with 5, then the next day 6, next day 7, next day 8 and so on.
If your struggling for ways to get good search the forums theres plenty of threads on press-ups.

But yeah just keep practising everyday
 
#8
#10
5 press ups pfff is this a wah?
i think min requirments are 50 press ups in 2 mins, 50 sit ups in 2 mins and a tiny 5 heaves. oh and 1.5 mile run but i fogot time you need.
This is what i need to join and am guessing what you need.
But if you cant do many press ups how are you expecting to carry heavy loads with a rifle allday in the heat or cold were you are.
if you cant do press ups push your self till you can, you can always start with small amounts for lots of times. Try doing half your max amount of press ups a few times a day
 
#11
if found with pressups its often positioning, draw in the abdomen, keep your legs straight together, and try to concentrate on using your triceps rather than your shoulders and forearms, remember to breath out every time you go down
 
#12
44 situps and 50 situps, run time varies on job type. I only did a pressup in selection as part of the medical, not fitness tests.

As its been said many times, raise your pressups by a few each night.
 
#13
I know it sounds old and stupid but practice makes perfect. I myself struggled to begin with, but just keep banging them out and you'll notice after a few days you'll get better.

Do as many as you can in a minute, then rest for 2 mins then max out again for a min. repeat this 3 or 4 times.

Also do 10 press ups, then 9, then 8 all the way to 1 the back up again to 10. When you get the hang of this then try starting at 12 then 11 etc.

Good luck
 
#14
rick_rolled said:
40 press ups in 2 minutes i think it is now. and the heaves number is different depending on which corps you want to join.
I can do 75 which is what I thought is need for Infantry?
 
#16
I did eight press up in medical. Then in PT lesson we did a load but was only if your team lost so it would be 10 push ups or if you were doing sprinting to end of the hall 10 push ups a sprint back tag the next person etc...

Try to do the 44 in 2mins the Army sets, But if your struggling practice and try to do 20 in one hit this will be good enough for selection.

To be honest im struggling doing them again as i was ill for 2 months after selection. But im doing 10 every time i get up to go to the loo etc... then 10 when i get back.
 
#17
Doesn't matter if you need to do them for selection or not you're going to have to do them at some stage and you might as well start them now.

try some with your arms at different widths ie shoulder width apart, hands together etc. works a treat, also alternate with tricep dips too. Just do as many as you can then aim to beat that next time. simple really.
 
#18
what a load of sh**ite.

i am 36, asthmatic (late onset at 32) with arthritic pain to knees, back and neck.

I 120 press ups every day plus weights. i never start with less than 30 press ups, even when ill.

if you are young, and cannot perform a reasonable number of press - ups then you are not fit for purpose.

and whatever happened to getting i.e 20 press ups for punishment ?

i know schools are sh**it at pushing sports these days, but surely not all kids are McDonalds porkers.

seriously, if you have poor upper body strength, you need to do some serious preparation.

H.
 
#19
Passed selection about a month ago, had to do 5 pressups in the medical, some people had to do 10. That was it. However, when we did exercise in the gym, we ended up doin around 100 on and off because some cnuts decided to fall to the ground because they couldn't keep going. Twenty pressups...people would fall on 18, so they'd make us do ten more...people would fall again near the end...so we'd be made to do ten more..and so on until we were all FCUKED. I suggest not falling to the ground, you will get an earful.
 
#20
adams08 said:
Passed selection about a month ago, had to do 5 pressups in the medical, some people had to do 10. That was it. However, when we did exercise in the gym, we ended up doin around 100 on and off because some cnuts decided to fall to the ground because they couldn't keep going. Twenty pressups...people would fall on 18, so they'd make us do ten more...people would fall again near the end...so we'd be made to do ten more..and so on until we were all FCUKED. I suggest not falling to the ground, you will get an earful.
Duly noted.
 

Similar threads


Top