press up *clicking*

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by poet, May 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. may sound bit stupid but i can do 55 press up in 2 mins the only prob is wen i do my press ups my shoulders click nearly each time any thing i can do to stop this? going on my 2 day selaction soon so want this sorted any help or links be great

2. It's just age, joints are giving up :)
  3. :oops: am only 18 so i hope not age :lol:
  4. You dont do any pressups at RSC
  5. i fort u had to do 55 press up 50 sit ups heaves carry 2 jerry cans and run 1.5 mile in 11 mins something thats what i bean told any way and hold a ammo box and do as many heaves as possible???????????????????????????????????????????????/
  6. Im on selection in a few weeks as well
  7. Hope you don't have to pass Key Stage 2 English test. :roll:
  8. no press ups, sit ups, ammo box or bleep test any more.
    2 jerry cans yep, 1.5 mile run (aim for under 10 mins)yep, heaves best effort yep, but also static lift, a back excercise to see how much you can carry, team tasks (v important) and an interview (also v important).

the clicking ..... take more cod liver oil or do womans press ups to relieve the stress on your sholders :roll: :wink:
  9. Try this one mate . Take cod liver oil tablets . It may take a while to work , but it helps out with all of your joints etc . By the time your in training you will get full advantage of them . I take them everyday .
  10. ok cheers mate one more thing about the rsc do you know any web sites that state u dont have to do press up and sit up jsut so i can be sure recruiter told me i have to do them but he away at the moment so cant find out any links i could see?
  11. It's easy to count my BPFA sit ups because I click with every one!! :? :D
  12. POET - Dont worry too much about it . As long as you are doing a bit of training 5 days out of 7 and you are not kicking the arrse out of it you will be fine , trust me . When you get at RSC you will look at some of the other tossers and think why was i worried . Good luck . Oh yes 50 prees ups and 60 sit ups before you go to bed same again when you wake up . No worries .cheers recce
  13. I did RSC about a Month back, You dont do any pressups, situps or ammo box hold at RSC. You only do:

1.5 Mile run
    Jerry can
    Back extension
    Static lift
    & Lift 55kg's to 1.45 metres(Height of 4 tonne truck)

14. The clicking is becuase your feeble weak body isn't used to getting out from behind the Playstation and W#nk mags. Just do the bleedin press ups and stop whining you limp wristed gimp. At 18 you should be able to do 50+ c0ck push ups never mind a measly few press ups.

Oh and good point by Murielson, learn to speak and write English as no one likes a Chav.
  15. Enlightened_One shut up you ******* prick

I ******* write how i want to ! And i aint ******* chav