Press release: UK responds to Iranian airstrikes against Israeli forces

The Foreign Secretary said:

The United Kingdom condemns in the strongest terms the Iranian rocket attacks against Israeli forces. We strongly support Israel’s right to defend itself.

We urge Iran to refrain from further actions which will only lead to increased instability in the region. It is crucial to avoid any further escalations, which would be in no one’s interest. We also continue to call on Russia to use its influence to press those in Syria to cease their destabilising activity and work towards a broader political settlement.
Further information

Media enquiries

For journalists

Email newsdesk@fco.gov.uk

Newsdesk 020 7008 3100

Continue reading...

Ah. The UK Government supports Israel's right to defend itself against retaliation for its military strikes on other countries.

In other news, the UK Government condemns retaliating against Israel for its military strikes on other countries.

Doubled plus good!

I suppose Iran could always stop supplying terrorist organisations. But then that wouldn’t support the narrative that Iran is the victim

I suppose Iran could always stop supplying terrorist organisations. But then that wouldn’t support the narrative that Iran is the victim
There are internationally recognized (by UNSC) terrorist organizations. And there are organizations that branded as terrorist by Israel and a few other countries.
Do you mean internationally recognized terrorist organizations? If yes then what organization do you mean?

There are internationally recognized (by UNSC) terrorist organizations. And there are organizations that branded as terrorist by Israel and a few other countries.
Do you mean internationally recognized terrorist organizations? If yes then what organization do you mean?
We’ve had this discussion before, or at least one of you has with me. The fact that Russia doesn’t call them terrorist organisations doesn’t mean the West shouldn’t. It’s a bit like Russia branding all rebel forces in Syria as terrorist.

We’ve had this discussion before, or at least one of you has with me. The fact that Russia doesn’t call them terrorist organisations doesn’t mean the West shouldn’t. It’s a bit like Russia branding all rebel forces in Syria as terrorist.
Equally if Israel and the USA (along with a few allies/puppets) call an organization as terrorist then it doesn't mean internationally recognized terrorist organization.
As I'm aware Iran doesn't support any internationally recognized terrorist organization. So your initial remark is senseless.

Equally if Israel and the USA (along with a few allies/puppets) call an organization as terrorist then it doesn't mean internationally recognized terrorist organization.
That’s pretty much what I said, without the silly ‘allies/puppets’ comment.
As I'm aware Iran doesn't support any internationally recognized terrorist organization. So your initial remark is senseless.
My initial remark is based on Hezbollah and/or their military wing named as terrorist organisation by many western countries including the U.K. much like Russia and Syria name all rebel factions in Syria as terrorists.

It makes more sense than your wriggling frankly as you agree with me and then you try and say it’s different.

My initial remark is based on Hezbollah and/or their military wing named as terrorist organisation by many western countries including the U.K.
But it doesn't mean that Hezbollah is internationally recognized terrorist organization.
...much like Russia and Syria name all rebel factions in Syria as terrorists.
Russia never calls any group outside Russia as terrorist if it is not internationally recognized terrorist organization.

As for Syria then its government calls all rebels terrorists.
Btw, in the UK PIRA is called as terrorist but PIRA is not recognized as terrorist organization internationally.

But it doesn't mean that Hezbollah is internationally recognized terrorist organization.

Russia never calls any group outside Russia as terrorist if it is not internationally recognized terrorist organization.
I think you’re arguing for it’s own sake now. Hi are a terrorist organisation according to many govts. The fact that you don’t think they are is immaterial
As for Syria then its government calls all rebels terrorists.
As does Russia
Btw, in the UK PIRA is called as terrorist but PIRA is not recognized as terrorist organization internationally.
What’s your point?

I think you’re arguing for it’s own sake now. Hi are a terrorist organisation according to many govts. The fact that you don’t think they are is immaterial

As does Russia

What’s your point?
My point is very clear.
Inside any sovereign country lawful government is free to designate an organization as terrorist according to domestic legislation.
On the international stage only organizations recognized as terrorist ones by UNSC, should be called terrorist.
Russia strictly follows this principle while some Western countries use to brand any organization as terrorist at will.

So your initial remark that Iran must stop to support terrorists is senseless because Iran doesn't support any internationally recognized terrorist organization.

My point is very clear.
Inside any sovereign country lawful government is free to designate an organization as terrorist according to domestic legislation.
On the international stage only organizations recognized as terrorist ones by UNSC, should be called terrorist.
Russia strictly follows this principle while some Western countries use to brand any organization as terrorist at will.
Rubbish. Just because they’re your allies, doesn’t mean they aren’t terrorists according to many western govts, or their armed wing are. Russia and Syria called all rebel factions in Syria terrorists, irrespective of their international status. Read your notes.

So your initial remark that Iran must stop to support terrorists is senseless because Iran doesn't support any internationally recognized terrorist organization.
Once again, they support many groups, one of which is Hz. They are terrorists or their armed wing are.

Until you show me where Russia only names internationally recognised groups as terrorists you have no point: Russia Claims U.S. Is Training Hundreds of Terrorists in Syria

It’s a bit like Syria naming them all terrorists until they surrender and get drafted. Syria employs terrorists.

E2A: this list is the same as the international one? Or made so by your Supreme Court? http://nac.gov.ru/page/4570.html

Last edited:
The Foreign Secretary said:

The United Kingdom condemns in the strongest terms the Iranian rocket attacks against Israeli forces. We strongly support Israel’s right to defend itself.​
We urge Iran to refrain from further actions which will only lead to increased instability in the region. It is crucial to avoid any further escalations, which would be in no one’s interest. We also continue to call on Russia to use its influence to press those in Syria to cease their destabilising activity and work towards a broader political settlement.​
Further information

Media enquiries

For journalists

Email newsdesk@fco.gov.uk

Newsdesk 020 7008 3100

Continue reading...

Was a time when a sternly worded note would be delivered, now? Just a mildly miffed tweet

Rubbish. Just because they’re your allies, doesn’t mean they aren’t terrorists according to many western govts, or their armed wing are. Russia and Syria called all rebel factions in Syria terrorists, irrespective of their international status. Read your notes.
Please, quote any official statement made by Kremlin where any rebel organization in Syria was called as terrorist (except, ISIL Nusra and other smaller organizations that were designated as terrorist by UNSC)
I doubt that you would be able to find anything.
Once again, they support many groups, one of which is Hz. They are terrorists or their armed wing are.
From point of view of international law Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization. So your initial remark was not correct. Recognise it and that's all.
Until you show me where Russia only names internationally recognised groups as terrorists you have no point:
Russia Claims U.S. Is Training Hundreds of Terrorists in Syria
Let's read your source carefully
“According to space and other types of surveillance data, there are militant units [inside a U.S. base in Tanf, Syria]. They are, in fact, training there,” General Valery Gerasimov, Chief of the General Staff of Russia's Armed Forces, said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda tabloid on Wednesday.

Gerasimov cited a BBC report about a secret U.S.-led coalition deal to let hundreds of Islamic State (IS) fighters escape their former stronghold of Raqqa in October. He estimated around 350 of these fighters were in the Tanf base in southern Syria and 750 more at another base in a Kurdish-held region in the northeast.
I don't see anything special here.
“They are de-facto IS. But, after they are worked on, they change colors and rename themselves the ‘New Syrian Army,’ or otherwise,” Gerasimov said.

The U.S. has not yet responded to Russia’s latest accusations.

IS is a terrorist organization banned in Russia.
As you may see only ISIL was called as a terrorist organization.
It’s a bit like Syria naming them all terrorists until they surrender and get drafted. Syria employs terrorists.
Syrian government is free to call any Syrian organization as terrorist on a base of Syrian legislation (as in the case with PIRA in the UK). Syria employ terrorists? What is your source? Or it is just an empty claim?
E2A: this list is the same as the international one? Or made so by your Supreme Court? http://nac.gov.ru/page/4570.html
Quote your source, please. What do you mean exactly?

Please, quote any official statement made by Kremlin where any rebel organization in Syria was called as terrorist (except, ISIL Nusra and other smaller organizations that were designated as terrorist by UNSC)
I doubt that you would be able to find anything.
All of these attacks on ‘terrorists’ were all U.N. designated terrorist organisations?
Американский Б-52 разбомбил мирную деревню
”Всего за время российской спецоперации, по данным Генштаба, от боевиков освобождено 12 360 квадратных километров сирийской территории и 499 населенных пунктов. "Наша авиация совершила 19 тысяч 160 боевых вылетов, нанесла более 71 тысячи ударов по инфраструктуре террористов. Основными целями авиации были тренировочные лагеря боевиков, заводы и мастерские по производству боеприпасов, а также объекты незаконного нефтепромысла террористов", - отметил генерал Герасимов.”
From point of view of international law Hezbollah is not a terrorist organization. So your initial remark was not correct. Recognise it and that's all.
I’m in England. Hezbollah military wing is a proscribed organization. I’m on a U.K. website. I will call Hezbollah terrorists irrespective of what you think.

Let's read your source carefully

I don't see anything special here.
Of course you don’t. You support Assad who recruits what he calls terrorists into his Army.
Syrian government is free to call any Syrian organization as terrorist on a base of Syrian legislation (as in the case with PIRA in the UK). Syria employ terrorists? What is your source? Or it is just an empty claim?
Are you genuinely trying to say that those who Assad calls terrorists, once they have surrendered and stay put are not recruited/drafted into the SAA or NDF? You need to do some research Sergey
Quote your source, please. What do you mean exactly?
I did quote my source. That is a list of terrorist organisations stated as such by the Russian Supreme Court. Is that list the same as the U.N. one?

All of these attacks on ‘terrorists’ were all U.N. designated terrorist organisations?
Американский Б-52 разбомбил мирную деревню
Gen.Gerasimov mentioned oilfields managed by terrorists. Most likely he meant ISIL that extracted oil for its purposes. There is nothing special here.
I’m in England. Hezbollah military wing is a proscribed organization. I’m on a U.K. website. I will call Hezbollah terrorists irrespective of what you think.
In the context of freedom of speech and opinions you and anybody can call CIA, FSB, GRU, SVR, Mossad, MI5, MI6 as terrorist organizations. It is just private opinion. In the case with Hezbollah military wing it's HMG's opinion.
But your initial remark - Iran must stop support terrorist organizations - was not clear.
In fact you meant - Iran must stop support Hezbollah just because the West don't like it.
Of course you don’t. You support Assad who recruits what he calls terrorists into his Army.
Your remark is not sufficiently clear. Assad indeed call all rebel organizations as terrorist ones. Meanwhile, ordinary rebels are not all terrorists and those who changed sides fight in governement affiliated military units. There is nothing special.
Are you genuinely trying to say that those who Assad calls terrorists, once they have surrendered and stay put are not recruited/drafted into the SAA or NDF? You need to do some research Sergey
I don't understand your point.
I did quote my source. That is a list of terrorist organisations stated as such by the Russian Supreme Court. Is that list the same as the U.N. one?
As for organizations created inside Russia then they were designated as terrorists according to Russian legislation.
As for organizations in other countries then Russia calls as terrorists internationally recognised terrorist organizations.

I wondered when your shift change would be to answer this........
Gen.Gerasimov mentioned oilfields managed by terrorists. Most likely he meant ISIL that extracted oil for its purposes. There is nothing special here.
He mentioned lots of things. What he didn't say is that all of the 'terrorists' are UN designated ones. You don't know but it was multiple strikes on multiple targets. Can you say with any certainty of the '71,000 attacks' they were all UN designated terrorists?
In total during the Russian special operation, according to the General Staff, 12 360 square kilometers of Syrian territory and 499 settlements were liberated from the militants. "Our aviation carried out 19 thousand 160 sorties, inflicted more than 71 thousand attacks on the infrastructure of terrorists, the main targets of the aircraft were training camps of militants, factories and workshops for the production of ammunition, as well as objects of illegal oilfields of terrorists," said General Gerasimov.
In the context of freedom of speech and opinions you and anybody can call CIA, FSB, GRU, SVR, Mossad, MI5, MI6 as terrorist organizations. It is just private opinion. In the case with Hezbollah military wing it's HMG's opinion.
It's not just HMG's opinion. The armed wing of Hezbollah are a designated terrorist organisation by many states. The fact that you ally with them speaks volumes.
But your initial remark - Iran must stop support terrorist organizations - was not clear.
It certainly was
In fact you meant - Iran must stop support Hezbollah just because the West don't like it.
Nope. I know you like other Russian trolls like to put words into peoples mouths, but that is not what I said. The military wing of Hezbollah are a designated terrorist organisation according to many states. One of those states is the UK. I'm a UK citizen posting on a UK site. It's more than just fanciful words, it's a fact.
Your remark is not sufficiently clear. Assad indeed call all rebel organizations as terrorist ones. Meanwhile, ordinary rebels are not all terrorists and those who changed sides fight in governement affiliated military units. There is nothing special.
You agree then that one day they're a 'terrorist', they 'surrender' as part of a 'deal' and are then conscripted into Assad's forces? Thank you
I don't understand your point.
It's the same as the above i.e. "You agree then that one day they're a 'terrorist', they 'surrender' as part of a 'deal' and are then conscripted into Assad's forces". Basically Assad employs terrorists.
As for organizations created inside Russia then they were designated as terrorists according to Russian legislation.

As for organizations in other countries then Russia calls as terrorists internationally recognised terrorist organizations.
You said:

The list here are those terrorist organisations designated as such by the Russian Supreme Court: http://nac.gov.ru/page/4570.html Are those entries the same as the UN list? Yes or no? If not, what are the differences?

The bottom line to this part is you can't say in one breath Russia strictly observes calling terrorists only those on the UN list unless your list accords with the UN list.

So kgb, basically what you are saying is that one mans terrorist is another excuse is have a ******* stupid and inane argument about?

Latest Threads