Press release: PM call with Prime Minister Gentiloni: 16 March 2018

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I wasn't criticising your spelling, I was criticising your hypocrisy of challenging other users spelling when yours is wrong too.

Want a tissue?
Ooh! This is gonna be good! I assume you mean how I spell words of the English language, right, Dicky boy?

So how is my spelling actually "wrong", then?

MsG

Ooh! This is gonna be good
No it isn't. It will just be another Bugsy grief fest, where your inadequacies are pointed out whilst you hurl abuse in several languages and end up getting ROP's.
At the targets in front, in your own time......etc.

Ooh! This is gonna be good! I assume you mean how I spell words of the English language, right, Dicky boy?

So how is my spelling actually "wrong", then?

MsG
I pointed it out in my previous post. I see no need to repeat myself.

Whilst you sit and fail to understand your hypocrisy, I'm off for my dinner. Have a good night. :)

DaManBugs

LE
Book Reviewer
I pointed it out in my previous post. I see no need to repeat myself.

Whilst you sit and fail to understand your hypocrisy, I'm off for my dinner. Have a good night. :)
But you did't point it out in your previous post, Dicky boy. Now, if said post had contained something like: "in my opinion" or "I think", then you'd have a case (although not much of one). Instead, you made a definitive, global statement that my spelling is "wrong". All you have to do is explain to me how you come to a universal conclusion. Is that too difficult for you, Dicky boy? If it is, just say so and we'll leave it at that.

MsG

those who only know one way to spell a word are entirely without imagination.
Attributed to Mark Twain, although the quote is in doubt.

No Respect for a Man Who Can Spell a Word Only One Way | Quote Investigator

In conclusion, QI conjectures that this remark was created as the punch line of a fictional anecdote about spelling. It is not clear whether the Nyrum Reynolds or the Hiram Runnels tale was constructed first. Twenty years later the remark was reassigned to Mark Twain. Later still the expression was attributed to Andrew Jackson and other famous individuals. However, the supporting evidence for an ascription to Twain or Jackson is very weak.

You will notice that all other references to the quote are by/from Americans. Anyone who spells honour without a u doesn't deserve listening to!.....

.....much like anyone who uses the word "gobment"

Er, it's actually "non-story", numbnuts!:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

MsG
Thanks for that. I wasn't sure either way but knew someone more enlightened would be along to correct me if needed...

Well, I had quite a good kip and woke up to a gentle fluttering of snow. Going for a dump now, followed by a bowl of crunchie nut cornflakes...

Latest Threads