Press release: Foreign Secretary deeply concerned over escalating violence in Egypt

Ministry of Defence said:
Speaking today, Foreign Secretary William Hague said:
I am deeply concerned at the escalating violence and unrest in Egypt, and regret the loss of life on all sides. The UK has been closely involved in intensive diplomatic efforts directed at reaching a peaceful resolution to the standoff. I am disappointed that compromise has not been possible. I condemn the use of force in clearing protests and call on the security forces to act with restraint. Leaders on all sides must work to reduce the risk of further violence. Only then will it be possible to take vital steps towards dialogue and reconciliation.
[h=3]Further information[/h]Follow the Foreign Secretary on twitter @WilliamJHague
Follow the Foreign Office on twitter @foreignoffice
Follow the Foreign Office on facebook and Google+
[h=3]Media enquiries[/h] Email newsdesk@fco.gov.uk
Telephone 020 7008 3100

More...

Cernunnos RSS: Cernunnos made a statement today to the house three doors down, the one behind the Schnellimbiss, in which he detailed his complete lack of concern about the violence in Egypt.
On the subject of civil unrest in Northern Ireland and the twitching of zapata style moustaches in Madrid and Buenos Ares he had this to say:

No operational aircraft carriers and a military who are all on nodding terms = no projection of power = barrel of ratshit = I fcking told you so!

Cernunnos RSS "I fcking Told You So" T-shirts will be on sale soon.......

Latest Threads