President Obama - history's verdict?

Barack Obama as President has been..?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
well I for one have high hopes for the Donald, people poo pooed Reagan and he turned out as one of the better ones,
remember what Hogmanay melchett said about poo pooing.
Obama will quickly be forgotten as a experiment that didn't work.

:)

The US has lost a huge amount of ground on the foreign stage and is domestically as polarised as at anytime since the Civil War which, given US domestic history, takes some doing.

Some of the foreign piece can be laid squarely at the hugely inept door of GWB and much of the domestic piece has its origins in the log-rolling, PC identity politics which the Clintons did so much to encourage, but Obama had two terms to improve things and singularly failed to do so.

America needed a coalition-builder with a practical plan of action and the ability to deliver (and still does), not the remote autocue God that is Barak Obama. If he hadn't been black his two terms would have been nondescript (and he'd have probably only had one term) and everyone would be talking about him in the same way they talk about Jimmy Carter.
Difficult to disagree with that.

I recall camping out in a hotel in Wales (consulting assignment) a few months after he took office, and having his address to a gathering of middle-eastern leaders on the TV while I sorted myself out before dinner.

Great speaker, I felt, wonderful to listen to, almost like music.

After it had finished, it occurred to me that very little (if any) of what he had said, had actually found a peg on which to hang in my memory - and since I was stone cold sober, that struck me as odd. For me it kinda sums up his time in office.

Last edited:

udipur

LE
Book Reviewer
After it had finished, it occurred to me that very little (if any) of what he had said, had actually found a peg to hang on in my memory - and since I was stone cold sober, that struck me as odd. For me it kinda sums up his time in office.
You don't think he learnt to speak in the same place as Blair, do you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe we are arguing in agreement with each other.
The only difference is that you think he should have been more comprehehnsively tortured in the testicle department whilst I don't believe grandpappy Obama was tortured in the first place.

Regardless, I think we can happily agree that the world would have been no worse off if grandad Obama hadn't bred any offspring?
We are in agreement.

Without looking back through the thread (because I am an idle ****) I vaguely remember some allusion to army involvement. In fact it was supposed to have been the Babylon and not the army that gave him his alleged crushed nuts.In which case it would have been a local bobalong who did the dirty deed as no white officer would have sullied his hands touching a non reflectives DNA reservoirs (other than in a murky gay club in Niarobbery, obviously).

Obama has shown himself to be a scumbag this week

Besides Bradley Manning , he's commuted a Domestic Terrorists sentence. A Tango who refuses to renounce violence) Oscar Lopez Rivera of the FALN

and commuted the death sentence of Army PFC Dwight Loving-

Loving, an Army PFC at Fort Hood Murdered 2 cab drivers after they gave him the money in 1988.

The court-martial evidence, which included Loving's undisputed videotaped confession, established the following facts: the first robbery and murder victim, Pvt. Christopher Fay, was an active duty soldier working for extra money as a cab driver. At approximately 8:00 p.m. on December 12, Fay drove Loving from Killeen, Texas, to a secluded area of Fort Hood, where Loving robbed him at gunpoint. After taking Fay's money, Loving shot Fay in the back of the head. While watching blood "gushing out" of Fay's head, Loving shot him in the back of the head a second time. Fay's dead body was discovered by another soldier at Fort Hood a short while later.

Loving, after fleeing to his Fort Hood barracks, called for a second cab at 8:15 that same evening. The second cab, driven by retired Army Sergeant Bobby Sharbino, drove Loving from Fort Hood to a secluded street in Killeen, Texas. Loving then robbed Sharbino at gunpoint, ordered him to lie down on the seat, and murdered him by shooting him in the head.

he tried to murder a 3rd cabbie the same night

Obama has shown himself to be a scumbag this week

Besides Bradley Manning , he's commuted a Domestic Terrorists sentence. A Tango who refuses to renounce violence) Oscar Lopez Rivera of the FALN

and commuted the death sentence of Army PFC Dwight Loving-

Loving, an Army PFC at Fort Hood Murdered 2 cab drivers after they gave him the money in 1988.

The court-martial evidence, which included Loving's undisputed videotaped confession, established the following facts: the first robbery and murder victim, Pvt. Christopher Fay, was an active duty soldier working for extra money as a cab driver. At approximately 8:00 p.m. on December 12, Fay drove Loving from Killeen, Texas, to a secluded area of Fort Hood, where Loving robbed him at gunpoint. After taking Fay's money, Loving shot Fay in the back of the head. While watching blood "gushing out" of Fay's head, Loving shot him in the back of the head a second time. Fay's dead body was discovered by another soldier at Fort Hood a short while later.

Loving, after fleeing to his Fort Hood barracks, called for a second cab at 8:15 that same evening. The second cab, driven by retired Army Sergeant Bobby Sharbino, drove Loving from Fort Hood to a secluded street in Killeen, Texas. Loving then robbed Sharbino at gunpoint, ordered him to lie down on the seat, and murdered him by shooting him in the head.

he tried to murder a 3rd cabbie the same night
It's like Obama wants the military to hate him...

Obama failed the test of good pres or bad pres, in my mind for not enforcing the ' red line' on chemical weapons use on civilians in Syrian war, Putin then knew he had a free hand to support that monster Assad. Good innit.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
While going through my TV listings for Sunday, 15 January, I noticed that the Magic Gibson's (Obama) is going to be on TV for a solid 5 hours today! Good God almighty! I knew the narcissistic asshole loved being on television, but this is beyond a joke. First there was his Farewell Speech which was on every major network, including PBS, last Tuesday the 10th, and now this! (By the way, the networks had booked him for 30 minutes for his farewell address and he took 60 saying how great he was and how sad he was to be leaving as “our” president.)

I give you the latest stroking the MSM is giving this loser:

On CBS (local channel Ch 7) 60 Minutes: Barack Obama: Eight Years in the White House 7 – 8 pm. Length: 1 hour

On National Geographic Channel: (Cable channel 44): Obama: The Price of Hope 8 – 10 pm Length: 2 hours

On the History Channel: (Cable channel 52): The 44th President in His Own Words. 9 – 11:06 pm. Length: 2 hours and 6 minutes.

UN -******* -believable. I don’t think I have ever known a president who loved the sound of his own voice more. There’s no previous precedent for this kind of thing. I can’t think of a single president who came before who made such a big deal of surrendering the office when his term was over except Richard Nixon, but his was an unusual case and can perhaps be excused.

Only 5 days more to the end of our long national nightmare.
View attachment 271042

Did the dog eat the remote?

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Obama failed the test of good pres or bad pres, in my mind for not enforcing the ' red line' on chemical weapons use on civilians in Syrian war, Putin then knew he had a free hand to support that monster Assad. Good innit.
US forces having failed against an indentifiable enemy in Vietnam. Having been ignominiously shoved out of Lebanon. Not been a great success in Iraq or Afghanistan. His reluctance to get into a four way goatfuck on the ground in Syria makes great sense.
Syria has a way to go yet.
I still think he'll be missed.

Magic Gibson, borrowed.

It will be all over tomorrow, I can't wait for the trump show to roll into town, whilst Obama and his lack of everything never interested me, I can't help think the next few years will be more interesting one way or another and it shouldn't affect me in the slightest.

US forces having failed against an indentifiable enemy in Vietnam. Having been ignominiously shoved out of Lebanon. Not been a great success in Iraq or Afghanistan. His reluctance to get into a four way goatfuck on the ground in Syria makes great sense.
Syria has a way to go yet.
I still think he'll be missed.
Yes agree, first black and all that no mean achievement and I am sure there will be more in the future, well , I hope so or it might go pear shaped, interesting times now with The Donald.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Yes agree, first black and all that no mean achievement and I am sure there will be more in the future, well , I hope so or it might go pear shaped, interesting times now with The Donald.
Eh ?