President Bush visits wounded troops....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by the_boy_syrup, Nov 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

British leaders dare not follow his lead

President George W Bush has paid an emotional visit to soldiers maimed or badly burned in combat. His visit came as senior British military figures said the Armed Forces were 'paying the price in blood' for years of underfunding.

During the President's visit to the new £30.7million Brooke Army Medical Centre for veterans Mr Bush vowed to modernize the military care system. "We have an outdated system that can bog down some of those recovering in a maze of bureaucracy," he said.

"It's unacceptable to me as the commander in chief, it's unacceptable to the families of those who deserve the best care and it's unacceptable to the American people

We'll all have opinions on the guy but at least he is visiting the wounded
    Better than our shower of sh1t appear to be doing
    Link here
  2. Apparantly Hitler and Stalin never visited the wounded either. Where does that put Blair, Brown and Browne?
  3. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

lower than whalesh*t on the ocean floor! At least herr hitler instilled following from his troops.
  4. Various arrsers have asserted to me - some by PM - that B'liar and his defence minions (various) have made several visits to the wounded, but have done so "discreetly - to avoid the event being politicised".

Whethrr they have visited, or never visited - my view is that the last thing B'liar or One Eyed Gordo want, is to be associated, in pictures or or words, with the ugly human cost of their wars.

If that's politicising such visits - I'm all for politicising them. Let's see the liars look the facts in the face, and shoulder some kind of responsibility, for once.