'Presentation'

I have been offered my first formal interview in a couple of weeks.

However, I was told that the morning will consist of a presentation followed by the interview.

Basically I am wondering what both parts will actually consist of?

Will I be getting questioned on the presentation? Am I the one making the presentation?

Do I need to do any considerable revision/ planning? Currently I am just making sure that I have a good knowledge of current affairs, the structure of the army and the role that I want.

Any help would be extremely useful.

Thanks,

IMS

Army presentations usually consist of sleeping followed by a smoke break , then a big sgt tells you a made up war story and if there's time left you'll get asked a couple of questions.

If it is you that's being asked to do the presentation, it may well be on a topic of THEIR choosing. It's to see if you can adapt and think on your feet. The topic may also have nothing to do with the Army.

I have been offered my first formal interview in a couple of weeks.

However, I was told that the morning will consist of a presentation followed by the interview.

Basically I am wondering what both parts will actually consist of?

Will I be getting questioned on the presentation? Am I the one making the presentation?

Do I need to do any considerable revision/ planning? Currently I am just making sure that I have a good knowledge of current affairs, the structure of the army and the role that I want.

Any help would be extremely useful.

Thanks,

IMS
It will likely be an ACA providing the presentation. The quality varies depending on the ACA I am told. My ACA was excellent and gave a good presentation.

The interview follows, perhaps immediately afterward, perhaps not - depends how many people turn up, and on whether you prima facie meet or expect to meet the entry requirements.

Knowledge of Current/Military affairs is seldom wasted. An idea of structure, SDSR and so on may well be worth having also.

Army presentations usually consist of sleeping followed by a smoke break , then a big sgt tells you a made up war story and if there's time left you'll get asked a couple of questions.
I think my interview went as follows:

Me; Hello, can I join the Army please
Sjt: Why do want to do that?
Me: My Dad, Uncles, Grandad etc were in, and a couple of cousins are in now,
Sjt: OK, come back next friday and do some piss easy exams that you don't really need to do because you've got relevant O levels, then pick a job

Latest Threads