Presentation to the Officers' Mess Ideas

Something involving gratuitous use of powerpoint?

I had a lot of fun presenting one of those glass drinking boots with a stand that it wouldn't quite fit into. That lasted for weeks before they realised.

a copy of your will in which you leave the Mess 2 pence per week in perpetuity. will harrass the treasurer for a good long while.

Framed copy of the Values & Standards booklet.

In the mid 1980s one of our squadron commanders swore that his YOs' course had inflicted revenge on the mess at Blandford by presenting a silver-plated (it was a long time ago but I'm pretty sure that's what Nigel said) engine block.

Presentation silver cannot be disposed of without the donors' agreement...

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Depends on your budget but a framed 'Keep Calm and Carry On' poster to go up in the bogs or if you're planning on spending more same in silver or plate.

Something home made is always appreciated. Just do your best with crayons and plywood and I'm sure it'll go down well.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I presented a mess webley in a glass fronted box, with "in the event of disgrace, break glass" on the front

I presented a mess webley in a glass fronted box, with "in the event of disgrace, break glass" on the front
Was it ever used?

The best received leaving present that I saw was a year's subscription to Cosmopolitan. The outgoing Adjt justified his gift by saying "Know the enemy." It was the most read publication in the mess.