Presentation Silver

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by Speckled_Jim, Feb 4, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys,
    I'm looking to present some silver to the (UOTC) mess that I am leaving. Whilst I know this is expensive it's something I want to do. The Troop I've been a member of is the Gun Troop and was wondering if you could recommend somewhere I could get something, preferably Light Gun related.

I await your slaggings off re students with too much money etc etc

2. Try the PRI at Larkhill. They used to do a pewter Light Gun (L118) on a small wooden plinth for approx £90. Excellently detailed and a decent size for a dinner table.

3. Thanks both of you, messages are off to both a we speak

4. How about a 105mm cart case bar bell design? As rumour has it the UOTC like hooking into the piss? making the bells easy, finding an engraver that will engrave can be the hardest part. Its different, cheaper and less likely to be damaged by high spirits. Belive the PRI at RSA use to do engraving on carts badges en all!

5. A civvy employed at RSA will engrave carts for £7. He buffs them up too and does a fantastic job. Through front gates of RSA, first right into the "optronics" place and ask for "civvy who does cart cases". My lot has just had some done - mega job.

6. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

This is good advice.