Presentation of Medals

Regimental Parade? So you want precious training time to be spent all standing around so you can get a bar on a medal; You selfish kunt!!! :)

How long do you serve for the medal and then the bar?

Oh no yer don't, my lad! You get yerself scrubbed and buffed like the rest for some Close Quarter Grip and Grin.

I tried it with my LSGC - 'Go on, just bung it across the counter, there's a good lad' - only to see a smirking Chf Clk stood at the door with the offending box in one hand and the thumb and forefinger of the other making 'this will cost you' rubbing signs...........the man had no pity.

Cheapskates - get in the mess and ring the bell for goodness sakes man :slow:

my vrsm was presented to me over a desk. and i got my clasp from the post office :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

red_square said:
my vrsm was presented to me over a desk. and i got my clasp from the post office :pissedoff: :pissedoff:
Does post office service count then? :lol: by the way where's my wifes mothers day card, it seems to have gone adrift in the post :twisted:

skintboymike said:
red_square said:
Why so annoyed? They've saved you a fortune!

still cost me a sodding fortune at the bar

My LS&GC was passed across the desk by the adjt, my citation arrived by post (unsigned) about a month later.

must be an ams thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

redfibee said:
Is there anything in QR's etc that states that a TA soldier must be presented with their Clasp to the VRSM at a Regimental Parade
Nothing I can find mentions the VRSM specifically but QR 5.397 covers the LS&GC and states:

"individuals still serving ... for presentation on a regimental or other suitable occasion."

Edited to add - no, I'm wrong again (and before MittMayo can correct me too!)

QR J10.015e said:
The awards referred to in sub paras b(3) and (4) ('Medals for meritorious service or for long service and good conduct' - I guess this will include the VRSM as it doesn't specify the MSM or the LS&GC) will be sent to the commanding officer, who is to arrange for presentation to the recipient at a suitable parade.

AFA06 said:
How long do you serve for the medal and then the bar?
Assuming you are not TA and so this is not a Wah, Its 10 years to get the medal and a further 5 for the clasp.

If a soldier has never been charged (ok, I've just not been caught yet), how long after the 15 year point should it take the LS&GC to come through?

E

EScotia

All my medals were just sent in the post or handed to me by a clerk. Took me more than 2 years to get my FRY medal and then it was just sent in a folded over & selotaped down MoD envelope from 1 Bn REME.

If you get the chance to be presented with it formally then do it in my opinion
for what thats worth

think JPA automatically issues LS&GC now so I was told by one of the Clerk's

edit

Checked on my JPA it said that it had been issued agessss ago never had it so i went and spoke to my previous unit as i had been posted to NI, and lo and behold it was sat on a clerk's desk waiting for my signature