Presentation of Medals

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by redfibee, Mar 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is there anything in QR's etc that states that a TA soldier must be presented with their Clasp to the VRSM at a Regimental Parade?

2. No

3. Ha ha, I take it your chief clerk has already received it, and has decided you're not getting it just yet? ;)

4. Regimental Parade? So you want precious training time to be spent all standing around so you can get a bar on a medal; You selfish kunt!!! :)

5. How long do you serve for the medal and then the bar?

6. Oh no yer don't, my lad! You get yerself scrubbed and buffed like the rest for some Close Quarter Grip and Grin.

I tried it with my LSGC - 'Go on, just bung it across the counter, there's a good lad' - only to see a smirking Chf Clk stood at the door with the offending box in one hand and the thumb and forefinger of the other making 'this will cost you' rubbing signs...........the man had no pity.

7. Cheapskates - get in the mess and ring the bell for goodness sakes man :slow:

8. my vrsm was presented to me over a desk. and i got my clasp from the post office :pissedoff: :pissedoff:

9. Does post office service count then? :lol: by the way where's my wifes mothers day card, it seems to have gone adrift in the post :twisted:

10. Why so annoyed? They've saved you a fortune!

11. still cost me a sodding fortune at the bar

12. My LS&GC was passed across the desk by the adjt, my citation arrived by post (unsigned) about a month later.

13. must be an ams thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Nothing I can find mentions the VRSM specifically but QR 5.397 covers the LS&GC and states:

"individuals still serving ... for presentation on a regimental or other suitable occasion."

Edited to add - no, I'm wrong again (and before MittMayo can correct me too!)

15. Assuming you are not TA and so this is not a Wah, Its 10 years to get the medal and a further 5 for the clasp.