Presentable Watches

Probably the movement is gummed up with dust and hardened oil ect,
Lighter fluid is your friend here, if your confident enough to remove the movement from the case, then a bath in fluid will ungum most things, it evaporates away leaving a light lubricant film behind.
It's not as thorough as a proper service but works.
I’ve done a fair bit of watching restorations on YouTube and I suspect you are correct. To the best of my knowledge it was simply put away when it stopped running and will only have ever been opened when it was sent away this time. The movement works and is ticking away nicely as long as I keep it in a watch winder, it does lose around 15mins a day though.

I’ve done a fair bit of watching restorations on YouTube and I suspect you are correct. To the best of my knowledge it was simply put away when it stopped running and will only have ever been opened when it was sent away this time. The movement works and is ticking away nicely as long as I keep it in a watch winder, it does lose around 15mins a day though.
The loss may correct itself after the bath, my other half has an original 1960's Timex Snoopy Watch, it suffered the same symptoms, a bath and no more issues.
If you can't remove the movement, just pop the back off and suspend the watch over an egg cup or similar of fluid and let the fumes do some work.

Looking at the Breitling watches web site - I see that you can register your Breitling watch using blockchain and create a NFT regrading ownership

A DIGITAL PASSPORT FOR YOUR WATCH​

Each Bretiling watch comes with its own NFT. This blockchain-backed proof of ownership protects your watch and unlocks a world of benefits.

GET MY NFT AND REGISTER MY WATCH IN MY BREITLING ACCOUNT​

• Digital Passport
  • Watch history
  • Priority access to events and limited editions release
  • Service notifications
  • Manage your collection in your dedicated Breitling account
  • Warranty extension

Good idea or not ?

Archie

Looking at the Breitling watches web site - I see that you can register your Breitling watch using blockchain and create a NFT regrading ownership

Each Bretiling watch comes with its own NFT. This blockchain-backed proof of ownership protects your watch and unlocks a world of benefits.

• Digital Passport
  • Watch history
  • Service notifications
  • Warranty extension

Good idea or not ?

Archie
Blockchain is generally nonsense but if this gimmick deters thieves and counterfeiting it could be worth it.

• Digital Passport
  • Watch history
  • Service notifications
  • Warranty extension

Good idea or not ?

Archie

Utter nonsense dreamed up by a marketing department that thinks "blockchain" makes something cool.

PFGEN

GCM

• Digital Passport
  • Watch history
  • Service notifications
  • Warranty extension

Good idea or not ?

Archie

NFTs and bogchain are usually terms spouted by people who haven't a clue what they are talking about. Each Breitling watch comes with its own service book which the owner should take with them when going for repairs as it establishes ownership. Bit like the paperwork for a car.

What would help is having a website where customers can register their watches. No addresses other than e-mail otherwise anybody who could crack the website would have a field day. Nikon has similar for their professional cameras. It makes crossing borders easy when you give customs the details and they can look up your serial numbers. If something is stolen the serial numbers can be circulated as stolen equipment.

Wetneck

Old-Salt
Breitling haven't had a "book" for a few years now. All the ones in the past 5+ years or so have had a little digital card with your warranty information on it, when you get it serviced it gets added to it in some way, you can even have more than one watch added to your "inventory" apparently although I haven't done that myself:

s-l400.jpg

PFGEN

GCM
Breitling haven't had a "book" for a few years now. All the ones in the past 5+ years or so have had a little digital card with your warranty information on it, when you get it serviced it gets added to it in some way, you can even have more than one watch added to your "inventory" apparently although I haven't done that myself:

s-l400.jpg

All mine have the little yellow book but are more than 10 years old.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
16597027862361307227359174491878.jpg

Always loved older watches so decided to get myself a present. It's classed as 'entry level' and is manual wind, but I love the clean, uncluttered lines.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
One of the better looking Rolex models for me. The only thing I could suggest to improve it would have been for them to omit the word "Precision".
I understand they used it because the movements weren't tested to the standard for higher end watches. Quote from website:
On the watches that have passed the COSC test, you can find the text “Officially certified Chronometer” and later “Superlative chronometer officially certified”. However, since the Precision watches are not officially certified chronometers, they cannot have this text. Instead, they simply have the text “Precision”.

I understand they used it because the movements weren't tested to the standard for higher end watches. Quote from website:
On the watches that have passed the COSC test, you can find the text “Officially certified Chronometer” and later “Superlative chronometer officially certified”. However, since the Precision watches are not officially certified chronometers, they cannot have this text. Instead, they simply have the text “Precision”.
Thank you. That's a fair reason.

Bosscat's latest addition, been after one of these for a while, 18ct bezel and button shrouds, 21ct rotor. Managed to get it for a fair price.Screenshot_20220805-155658_Chrono24.jpgScreenshot_20220805-155652_Chrono24.jpgScreenshot_20220805-155646_Chrono24.jpgScreenshot_20220805-155643_Chrono24.jpgScreenshot_20220805-155639_Chrono24.jpgScreenshot_20220805-155636_Chrono24.jpg

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
I've just received an e-mail from Creation Watches who somebody on here very kindly pointed me in the direction of when I asked about a possible replacement for my my much-loved, but unfortunately bashed and no longer available to buy new, Pulsar Kinetic.

There is a 5% off coupon using the code CW05KC which may be of use to someone on here. I'm unlikely to use it as I'm I'm very happy with my Seiko 6 automatic (I have learned my lesson and leave it in my locker at work) but glad to pass it on.

For anybody unfamiliar with Creation Watches, they sell new watches at up to 50%discount - my Seiko was £130ish as opposed to £220-240ish depending on the strap. I know they were selling the last of the highly regarded on this thread Seiko 5 watches when I was buying mine a few months ago.

I've just received an e-mail from Creation Watches who somebody on here very kindly pointed me in the direction of when I asked about a possible replacement for my my much-loved, but unfortunately bashed and no longer available to buy new, Pulsar Kinetic.

There is a 5% off coupon using the code CW05KC which may be of use to someone on here. I'm unlikely to use it as I'm I'm very happy with my Seiko 6 automatic (I have learned my lesson and leave it in my locker at work) but glad to pass it on.

For anybody unfamiliar with Creation Watches, they sell new watches at up to 50%discount - my Seiko was £130ish as opposed to £220-240ish depending on the strap. I know they were selling the last of the highly regarded on this thread Seiko 5 watches when I was buying mine a few months ago.

You've reminded me, I was going to look for another Seiko 5, probably too late now!

I understand Creation Watches are off-shore - any problems with delivery etc?

CharleyBourne

War Hero
Book Reviewer
You've reminded me, I was going to look for another Seiko 5, probably too late now!

I understand Creation Watches are off-shore - any problems with delivery etc?
No very good. I think it took a few weeks which is what they quoted, so no complaints. To marks and would use them again.

Latest Threads