Presentable Watches

That's just cheating.

begbie

Old-Salt
After some advice, decide to take the plunge and buy myself a decent presentable watch, I’m torn between the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean or the Bremont Supermarine S500.
I know about Omega as a brand but not much about Bremont, are they worth the money or should I look else where?
Thanks.

I've got a Bremont ALT1C, delighted with it.

1589891668322.png

PM me if you want any further details.

Watching The Grand Tour I’ve been trying to identify the watches the presenters wear. May looks to be wearing an Omega Constellation while Hammond looks to switch from Rolex Sub to a GMT Master between series 2 and 3. JC is wearing a large faced black dial with chrono buttons but I can’t say for certain what it is. Any one else sad enough to have looked?

Watching The Grand Tour I’ve been trying to identify the watches the presenters wear. May looks to be wearing an Omega Constellation while Hammond looks to switch from Rolex Sub to a GMT Master between series 2 and 3. JC is wearing a large faced black dial with chrono buttons but I can’t say for certain what it is. Any one else sad enough to have looked?
Hamster used to wear a Tissot Touch.

Hamster used to wear a Tissot Touch.
I would not put it past the watch companies to sponsor TGT presenters. Often it's sports people, I follow the fortunes of golfer Danny Willet (who missed the cut in the first tournament back in the US today) and he is sponsored by Audemars Piguet and takes part in events for them etc. I have no problem with May and Co being bunged a freeby or a few quid to wear a watch, I'm really just curious as to which watch JC wears (I suppose I could just ask him via Twatter or some other social meeja thingumibob

QRK2

LE
I've got a Bremont ALT1C, delighted with it.

View attachment 474882

PM me if you want any further details.

I have an MBII (with added badges, apparently 'entitlement checked before purchase') and really like it, I also have a couple of Rolexes (Datejust and Submariner) and the Bremont is definitely the one that I'd 'save in in a fire'. Got the latter when I was younger and more inclined to follow the hype, wouldn't buy another. I bought the son an Omega for a significant birthday and think that is the better option of the mass market 'luxury' watches.

I would not put it past the watch companies to sponsor TGT presenters. Often it's sports people, I follow the fortunes of golfer Danny Willet (who missed the cut in the first tournament back in the US today) and he is sponsored by Audemars Piguet and takes part in events for them etc. I have no problem with May and Co being bunged a freeby or a few quid to wear a watch, I'm really just curious as to which watch JC wears (I suppose I could just ask him via Twatter or some other social meeja thingumibob
Very, very, infrequently, buy Top Gear magazine, but I always associate the magazine with special reviews, and expensive full page ads, for expensive watches.

I have noticed that James Martin, the cooky boy, tends to wear a nice selection of watches. I think there is at least one Breitling.

For general information. In case the linky goes wrong, a load of CWC watches have been 'lost'.

1592040247726.png

After some advice, decide to take the plunge and buy myself a decent presentable watch, I’m torn between the Omega Seamaster Planet Ocean or the Bremont Supermarine S500.
I know about Omega as a brand but not much about Bremont, are they worth the money or should I look else where?
Thanks.
Been looking at the Bremont Supermarine myself the past few days, but the S2000. If/once I get back to work it's next on my hit list.

S2000 Yellow

begbie

Old-Salt
Been looking at the Bremont Supermarine myself the past few days, but the S2000. If/once I get back to work it's next on my hit list.

S2000 Yellow
I’ve spoke to a few people now who’ve been unimpressed with the reliability of Bremont, one had to send his watch back three times due to recurring problems. Not sure if he was just unlucky and got a bad one or it’s general problem with them?

Anyone experience of selling a a high end watch on eBay?

I've sold a Tag through there and it was fine but this is a few magnitudes more expensive - I simply don't want paypal involved and would only go down the bank transfer route before shipping - now I know this leaves the buyer open, but that's their problem not mine - I will be squeaky clean in the ad and there would be no surprises - if it doesn't go because of that then the back up is through a dealer - already got quotes but there's the obvious commission hit and they reserve the right to dick you about with refurbishment costs and whatnot. I'd lose approx 25% going the dealer route.

As long as things are on my terms, then ebay should be fine - it's just convincing the other party to pay up a large sum before I ship. I've a small but good history of some £1k plus sales, but this would probably be around £4k min.

Not in any hurry, it's lovely but just not being worn anymore - Glashutte Original Panomaticlunar 2008

What's your thinking?

Christopher ward have a new website.
The code for £100 off any watch over £500 is 100SUN20 (Expires Tuesday 30 June).

W21A

LE
Book Reviewer
Any thoughts on a womens watch for @£500? It's Miss W21A birthday soon.

arcticfox042

War Hero
Still works.....................
Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 21.51.18.png

Latest Threads