Presentable Watches

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I have a nice 1950s german watch that a pilot left behind
but i hate wearing metal stuff so it sits in a drawer
and I gave my posh watch away to a nephew as he liked it

Expensive watches go very well with decking (preferably with a sunk hot tub), ‘tuxes’, multi coloured children, fat tie knots, tapout clothing, pig ugly grasping wives and all the other accoutrements of chavdom.

Nothing worse than being at a wedding, or out for dinner when some serial dullard wants to tell you about his watch.

Still each to their own of course.

Expensive watches go very well with decking (preferably with a sunk hot tub), ‘tuxes’, multi coloured children, fat tie knots, tapout clothing, pig ugly grasping wives and all the other accoutrements of chavdom.

Nothing worse than being at a wedding, or out for dinner when some serial dullard wants to tell you about his watch.

You have a Lorus and I claim my 37 pence :)

I've got some baler twine, if you like :)
Where did you get it? looks good..

Anyone ever heard of Geka watches? I just dug an incabloc automatic out a bag I got at an auction & it's running great! Similar case shape to above, old style, 60's 70's?
Camy Starjet 88, 1960's, made when Raymond Weil run the place, £30 on Ebay, I think Camy was absorbed by Longine.

Better to see his clock than his c0ck,
each to thier own etc etc ;)
[sorry!]

No one mentioned Panerai, I own a Pam359. It's built like a tank, has great wrist presence and an interesting history.
Whatever you chose or choose as it was a while ago get into changing the straps, changes the look of your timepiece dramatically.
One of my favourite strapmakers is this fella Ted Su Fine Straps- Home Page

No one mentioned Panerai, I own a Pam359. It's built like a tank, has great wrist presence and an interesting history.
Whatever you chose or choose as it was a while ago get into changing the straps, changes the look of your timepiece dramatically.
One of my favourite strapmakers is this fella Ted Su Fine Straps- Home Page
You can buy a decent work watch for the price of those straps.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Back to destroying watches again. A really nice Tawatec, light, accurate, comfortable.can be seen in pitch black. Written off somewhere in Budapest and guess what, replacement bezels are not on the menu.

Bloke I know is pushing Hamilton watches. Didn't take much notice until he came up with this one. Definitely not everybody's taste but I was interested. Not cheap at 2k+.

H76786733_1_1_7.png

Bloke I know is pushing Hamilton watches. Didn't take much notice until he came up with this one. Definitely not everybody's taste but I was interested. Not cheap at 2k+.

View attachment 358638
That's making my eyes bleed. I can hardly see the hands for all the unnecessary crap surrounding them.

It's hardly what I would call a 'presentable' watch.

Just splashed out on these two.
c08-44hre1-sd0k0_fr_2.jpg
c65-38-a-svk-oc-fr_1_1_1.jpg

If you have to ask, you can't afford them.
i have over 2000 euros in a dutch shop to spend so looking at a decent one for me a chav one for the kid