Present for mate joining up.

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by jamesturner88, Mar 1, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

My mate is joining up later this month and I am trying to think of a decent present to get him. Im in the TA and remember my initial training, I dont want him to get something really Guchhi as I know the DS will just tell him where to go. So something REALLY useful but no overtly obvious ie: not a CWS.

I was thinking along the lines of an combi tool with his name engraved on it or :meditate:

Thanks for you help in advance.
  2. A Goblin Teasmaid.
  3. Hillarious
  4. Ha, no not Dale Winton close know, but we have known each other for about 10 years.
  5. A silver plated butt-plug maybe?
  6. No need. Training is so easy now your instructors wake you up at around 1000 with tea and toast and request that if you possibly could make it to the parade square for 1130 it would be greatly appreciated.
  7. Silver? To much shine,
  8. Nah hes going in as OR.
  9. A combi tool? Dont you get them in your weapon claening kit? Yet to meet anyone with an engraved one though?!!
  10. 1. A good iron, with a steam button. And use a soldering iron to put his name on it.

2. A good set of boot brushes.

3. 12 tins of Black Kiwi Polish & 9 of Parade Gloss.

4. A sense of humour, feck he'll need it !
  11. Thanks, I like the iron idea.
  12. A T-shirt that says "I joined the Army to save the world, and all my mate got me was this sh1tty T-shirt!"
  13. Then in that case he should do the decent thing and give his special friend a picture of his mum suitably encapsulated in Fablon.
  14. But not the one with me hanging out of her arrse........ :headbang:
  15. A big bag of sleep, a default setting that keeps you from coming first or last, a racing spoon a sense of humour and direction, some choice swear words like "For F8888 sake" !
    A Batman who will clean his kit.