Prescotts rooftop protestors guilty

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by ViroBono, Nov 3, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/4404328.stm

The Greenpeace demonstrators who climbed on to the roof of John 'Two Pies' Prescott's house have been found guilty and sentenced to community sentences.

Referring to the charge that they failed to respond to a police direction to come down from the roof, the Judge said their behaviour showed utter contempt for the rule of the law.

So there you are: showing contempt for the rules is wrong - unless, of course, you are a New Labour Minister, when you can ignore the rules (3 times) and walk away without punishment and (in the Dear Leader's view), at least, with your integrity intact. Perhaps if the protestors had argued that climbing on the roof did not affect how they did their jobs, the outcome would have been different.

2. Wouldn't it be nice if the community sentences required the chaps to sit on Two-Jag's roof and clean his chimney pots and slates? After all thats the sort of utterly pointless task that they get miscreants to do!

3. This one is a bit of a conundrum; on one hand, the f*cking treehuggers deserve to be f*cked about as much as f*cking possible - f*ck 'em.

On the other hand, well it's two Jags Prezza, and anything that annoys him has to be considered A Good Thing.

Decisions, decisions...

4. 2 Pies is that all, it must be more look at the size of him, ..........oppss sorry he eats as normal however as he is no longer boxing he doesnt burn it off as much

my mistake

sorry yes really i am honnest

5. If it's the one I'm thinking of, they were "installing solar panels" in the middle of the night while his wife was at home alone. Two Jags may well be fair game, but should his wife be?

6. I go along with pdf27 on that - his missus should not have been targetted. Fatboy though, is a different matter, he's definitely fair game.
    On a slightly different tack though, WTF were the local Bill doing, letting all these fcuking soap-dodgers invade someone's house and garden? Surely if they were intent on a "Peaceful Protest", that should have been carried out on the pavement outside?

7. the same Missus who took a car to the conference centre only 100m down the road, so to keep her hair in place :wink:

She fecking deserves it as much as the fat tw@t

8. Fair one. I wasn't aware of his wife being targetted, somewhat out of order, as she seems to avoid publicity (unlike Bliar's Missus AKA Zippy)

It seems they could have Mrs Prezza bang to rights on making her very own hole in the ozone layer due to the amount of hairspray she uses though!

anyway, back to my original choice:

BURN THE TREEHUGGERS!

9. I think you'll find that it was Fatboy that demanded the car, giving the trout's hairdo as the reason for. I still say that she should not be targetted.