Pres of Weapons - Green plastic wrapping

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Picatinny_Rail, Sep 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gents,

Any G4 guru out there know the NSN for the green plastic that the weapons come wrapped in when issued from stores? You know the stuff, always covered in oil and grease, and a bugger to unwrap?

If no-one knows the NSN, a supplier or manufactures part number would be just as helpful.

Many thanks....

PR

2. Someone has something they wish to bury on the training area for a while.

3. Oh I have a lot of things I'd like to bury on SPTA, but I would never want them found again! ;-)

4. Use a plastic bag full off silcone grease ,insert item and wrap in black nasty before burying.

5. Ah, burying kit on SPTA I don't need help with ;-)
    Securing an NSN or part number/supplier for the plastic wrap I do :)

6. I'm 99% sure its made by scotch 3m.
    Similar stuff is used to protect vehicle parts.

7. Failing that get some grease proof paper, grease the part up yourself and wrap it up. Job jobbed.

8. do a search here Request Quotes. Buy Online.

9. Gents, many thanks. But the trouble is, even doing an ISIS search, unless I know the description (plastic wrap does not seem to cover it), or the NCAGE or supplier, the NSN search is a bit redundant. Hence why I was hoping someone had a stock of it, or had used it, and could help me narrow down the search a bit. I even tried the guys at Donnington, but I think that ended up confusing a few people there!

10. Just buy fly-paper